1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Albums you'd like to see, but are never coming out

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Fade to Black, May 10, 2008.

1. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

The Mars Volta's final album EVER.

That would be a glorious day.

2. CoconutBanana

CoconutBanana Senior member

MF DOOM & Ghostface Killah-Swift & Changeable.

3. basis

basis Well-Known Member

I would like to see a new Future Sound of London album where they aren't playing sitars and singing like hippies.

lol +1

4. basis

basis Well-Known Member

'Bitches Brew' came out before Hendrix died. Miles did claim in his autobiography (which every motherfucker should read) that after the Isle of Wight festival he and Hendrix were going to do a session in London with Gil Evans!

I need to get that off the shelf... I'd forgotten how amusing it can be.

I really think Bitches' Brew is the most overhyped jazz (if you want to call it that) LP of all time. That's not to say it's bad--just that it's nowhere near great. There are a lot of cool things about it, but it's a transitional / inspirational LP, not desert island material like is often claimed (YMMV). I'd certainly like to hear Jimi on it, though.

Albums that are never coming out?

* Clifford Brown anytime after dying in car crash... he was going to be a diatonic Freddie Hubbard
    * NIN/Reznor that doesn't blow (some of Fragile was ok, but after that the only listenable material is the minimalist ambient tracks)
    * more Michael Brecker (RIP)... he could be sterile and showy, but occasionally an absolutely transcendent soloist
    * Jaco Pastorius x Pat Metheny duos
    * another Common album that sounds like Like Water For Chocolate