Albums you'd like to see, but are never coming out

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Fade to Black, May 10, 2008.

1. unpainted huffheinz

unpainted huffheinz Senior member

2. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

This woulda been good had it come out during the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill era...but now Lauryn's a nutjob and Wyclef hasn't done anything worthwhile other than the Shakira song, Pras fell off the face of the earth. I don't know if i'd care about a fugees album were it to come out today
    I read a lengthy article about how reclusive and weird she's become and it's so bizzarre, you could almost make a movie out of it. What I don't get is how a the record label can tolerate her dragging her feet for over a decade, since she probably had 2 of their best debuts ever (The Score and Miseducation of Lauryn Hill both sold 10 million +, IIRC) Detox would be nice... but I hold out very little hope for any new Dre albums because by he's really not that brilliant of a rapper, and I don't think he likes all the pressure and expectations from him every time he gets behind the mic. He's just more comfortable and talented as a producer. To add to the list of albums I'd like to see: -The debut album from Crooked I (been waiting since 2000 for that.) He recorded one in its entirety for Death Row records, but for some reason they never released it. He since left and has had a lengthy court battle to earn the right to record another album for Treacherous Records. -The debut album from Tha Realest. Like Crooked I, he was also signed to Death Row records, and his music was relegated to a vault somewhere. Been waiting 8 years for that too. His post Death Row career has been equally slow going, with no sign of a release date for his debut album. -The debut album from Gravy - been waiting about 2 years for that ever since I heard him freestyle with Foxy Brown. Hopefully after the Notorious BIG movie comes out (he stars as Biggie in it), he'll drop his album. My favourite artists aren't even "has-beens", they're "never-was" (sigh)

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Doubt there's a single person here who's heard of this band, but late 80s skinhead oi band from Philly called The Uprise, who put out a 7" and some compilation tracks, and were slated to release a full length on defunct Link records, then broke up.

The past few years there's been talk of releasing a massive discography of all released tracks, unreleased tracks, live tracks, demos etc. Still waiting, tho it's still "coming out soon"

The Uprise Myspace profile

4. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Senior member

Crooked I is the new Ras Kass, but maybe even worse...he's got a whole career worth of dope songs with dope lyrics and they will never end up on a commercial release.

5. Southern-Nupe

Southern-Nupe Senior member

New Fugees.
    I agree 101%

6. Southern-Nupe

Southern-Nupe Senior member

This woulda been good had it come out during the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill era...but now Lauryn's a nutjob and Wyclef hasn't done anything worthwhile other than the Shakira song, Pras fell off the face of the earth. I don't know if i'd care about a fugees album were it to come out today
    Despite L. Boogie, being a nut....she's easily one of the most talented female MC's.

A lot of the hip-hop heads were excited about the potential release of this album...it's a shame it will never exist.

7. ibleedwhite

ibleedwhite Senior member

Crooked I is the new Ras Kass, but maybe even worse...he's got a whole career worth of dope songs with dope lyrics and they will never end up on a commercial release.

Is his cd not coming out this year at all?

BTW, I agree about Crooked I though.

an album I've always wanted to see happen is Dr. Dre & Timbaland working together for an album...there was a rumour sometime ago on a project called "Chairmen of the board"

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

I would love to see a new Dead Can Dance, along the lines of "Into the Labyrinth" scope and tone.

Would love to see Velvet Revolver pick up Gavin Rossdale now that they kicked out Wyland.

Would love another album by the very original line up of Metallica, including Mustaine, but with a bit of the depth of their later work.

Another acoustic album by Godsmack. If you have never listend to "On The Other Side" you are missing something. They did not just "unplug", they created fantastic arrangements.

9. bkk

bkk Senior member

Would love another album by the very original line up of Metallica, including Mustaine, but with a bit of the depth of their later work.

Happen to have some magical powers to raise Cliff Burton from the dead? [​IMG]

Going along with the dead guy theme, I could have stood some more releases from Jeff Buckley. Or someone please raise Layne Staley from the grave so we can see Alice in Chains again.

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Happen to have some magical powers to raise Cliff Burton from the dead? [​IMG]

Going along with the dead guy theme, I could have stood some more releases from Jeff Buckley. Or someone please raise Layne Staley from the grave so we can see Alice in Chains again.

Well this is magic wand time, isn't it? I mean, Mustaine is just as likely as getting Burton back [​IMG]

Totally with you on Layne.

11. Fade to Black

oh yeah and something tells me Carter 3 isn't coming out...even though it feels awfully close to release date.

12. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Talking Heads reunion tour and album. [​IMG]

13. Connemara

Also, if we're drawing on the deceased, a Muddy Waters/Paul Butterfield/Sonny Boy Williamson album. That is starpower.

14. Fade to Black

Miles Davis X Jimi Hendrix edition of Bitches Brew would've been nice....

15. Connemara

Miles Davis X Jimi Hendrix edition of Bitches Brew would've been nice....
    Wow,, that is profound.