1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Albums You Regret Buying

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Chris2289, May 13, 2009.

1. coldarchon

coldarchon Senior member

george micheal - the best of

2. Sesame Seed

Sesame Seed Senior member

Portishead isn't too bad--you know something has snob appeal when they still release vinyl for their albums.

There's nothing wrong with Portishead. I just don't listen to them anymore.

3. flashback

flashback Senior member

george micheal - the best of

boooooooo

george is brilliant

4. bradbury

bradbury Member

T.I. - I'm Serious, T.I. vs. T.I.P., Paper Trail

Gawd those suck. urban legend was average to bad. His only good album was trap muzik.

5. SoleBajan

SoleBajan Active Member

Between Barbados and Martinique (France).
    anything by radiohead after ok computer.
    What are you talking about? Kid A has been one of their best albums to date, and Amnesiac + Hail To The Thief + In Rainbows have all received and continue to receive overwhelmingly positive reviews. Thom Yorke (The Eraser) on the other hand, has been a disappointment for me...not that I should have expected much different since he is a major exponent of the experimental electronic genre, which isn't quite my idea of music but that's the beauty of it, to each his own.

6. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Long Ago and Far Away by The Shroud

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Not any in particular -- I rarely bought music. Maybe Bob Dylan's Modern Times, but that's not necessarily bad musically as much as just not the Dylan I prefer.

Yeah, Modern Times was a let-down after Time Out of Mind and Love & Theft. I spun it this morning and still only liked one track.

Also regret Radiohead's Kid A. And Kubelik's Mahler cycle.

8. life_interrupts

life_interrupts Senior member

Don't you, forget about me! [​IMG] This was the big song sumer '83 in Ios - I still associate it with topless Swedish girls....
    It was also Simple Minds. Regrets? I've had a few. Wang Chung "To Live and Die in LA" soundtrack; The Jets (don't ask); Follow For Now "Follow for Now" (great live band, awful album); Prince "The Gold Experience".

9. Vito

Vito Senior member

"Trout Mask Replica" by Captain Beefheart & the Magic Band. I often saw it on those "Best Album of All Time" lists that are published in rock magazines, along with classic albums by the great old artists (Rolling Stones, Springsteen, Dylan, etc.), so I bought it. Well, it turned out to be one of the worst albums I've ever heard, a load of really bad "avant garde" nonsense. A fucking big waste of money.

10. Vito

Vito Senior member

It was also Simple Minds.

Wang Chung "To Live and Die in LA" soundtrack

One of my brothers is a big Wang Chung fan and he loves that soundtrack album. I thought the movie was OK, although I've never listened to Wang Chung and I'm not familiar with any of their songs.

11. MLIW

MLIW Senior member

There's nothing wrong with Portishead. I just don't listen to them anymore.

Incredible band

12. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

Jay-Z - Kingdom Come

13. imightbechad

imightbechad Senior member

All of Jeff Buckley's posthumous releases.

IMO "Grace" is brilliant, but the rest got old real quick. Even "Live at Sin-e," except for the incredible cover of Van's "The Way Young Lovers Do."

14. Pangolin

Pangolin Senior member

Lesbians on Ecstasy. The name of the band was deceptive [​IMG]

15. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

All of Jeff Buckley's posthumous releases.

IMO "Grace" is brilliant, but the rest got old real quick. Even "Live at Sin-e," except for the incredible cover of Van's "The Way Young Lovers Do."

+1 (however I never purchased any...)

16. A Canuker

A Canuker Senior member

Narles Barkley(if thats how you spell it)

I got suckered in with the radio song but nothing else on the album was like it.

17. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I got suckered in with the radio song but nothing else on the album was like it.

Now that you mention it - that happened twice to me with Collective Soul. Two different albums - one good radio hit on each, and the rest of it: gargage.

Speaking of Gargage...Their first disc: quite good. Version 2.0: Sucked, Badly.

18. Cas Ruffin

Cas Ruffin Senior member

The first CD or the second one.

19. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

I was just going through the arduous process of putting my CD collection onto the iPod and I have found a few purchases that make me cringe and wonder what i was on.

My main culprits are Big Willie Style and Willennium both by Will Smith. I could try and pretend I was being ironic but the sad truth is i wasn't.

Hopefully there will be some that are worse out there.

Too many to list.

And I buy a lot of "Best Of" albums, because so many have only one or two decent songs.

20. life_interrupts

life_interrupts Senior member

One of my brothers is a big Wang Chung fan and he loves that soundtrack album. I thought the movie was OK, although I've never listened to Wang Chung and I'm not familiar with any of their songs.
    The title song is a moody, introspective synth/piano piece that leads you to believe there might be something more to it. But then it just turns into whiny synths/drum machine soundtrack crap.