• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Albert Thurston barathea

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to buy a few Albert Thurston barathea braces for summer use. I've looked at the Saks website and it has AT barathea braces for sale. It states that the barathea is a nylon and cotton blend. I have seen this exact description in the seller's forum of this site. Will's A Suitable Wardrobe site, however, says that AT barathea braces are a wool and silk blend. Which is correct? Has Saks and the forum seller simply mislabeled the braces as barathea when they are not? The AT site does not say what its barathea is made of.

Thanks

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brax
I'm planning to buy a few Albert Thurston barathea braces for summer use. I've looked at the Saks website and it has AT barathea braces for sale. It states that the barathea is a nylon and cotton blend. I have seen this exact description in the seller's forum of this site. Will's A Suitable Wardrobe site, however, says that AT barathea braces are a wool and silk blend. Which is correct? Has Saks and the forum seller simply mislabeled the braces as barathea when they are not? The AT site does not say what its barathea is made of.

Thanks

That's a good question. I've wondered that myself. (bump)

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a zillion pair of Thurstons and they come in only a handful of types so far as I know. "Barathea" is their term for a sturdy rayon that looks like silk but is much tougher. They have genuine silk moire for formal braces. Then there is the boxcloth, which is wool felt. And then they have some cheapie elastic that I don't recommend. The other three are top notch.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I have a zillion pair of Thurstons and they come in only a handful of types so far as I know. "Barathea" is their term for a sturdy rayon that looks like silk but is much tougher. They have genuine silk moire for formal braces. Then there is the boxcloth, which is wool felt. And then they have some cheapie elastic that I don't recommend. The other three are top notch.

Thanks Manton. That is the information I was looking for.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's