1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Albam Clothing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JohnnyLaw, Sep 17, 2009.

1. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I bought a chunky zip cardigan on eBay the other day. This is a seriously awesome piece of clothing. I believe it's made by the Stevenage Knitting Co. As that particular company has shut its doors does anyone know if the Irwin Shawl will continue to be produced?

Anyway, I'm so stoked for the winter now :slayer:

[​IMG]

2. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I have that one as well, I also have a grey one and they are great, I made the mistake of buying a shirt like it from Norse, just before they remade it this season and boy was I disappointed.

According to a post further back it won't

I just got the new ventile and the sailors knit in blue/grey:inlove:

3. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Sorry I didn't see that old post. Its a shame - such awesome construction.

4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

No problem, yeah it's a shame, I have one and love it.:cool:

5. textandaction

textandaction Well-Known Member

Sizing is fairly consistent, but it can depend on the item. I would email them, if I were you; a helpful employee named Ben usually responds within 24 hours with measurements. For reference, I'm 6'1", 39 chest, and I normally go with size 2. Their sizing is usually a little big (their "regular-fitting" blocks), but can also sometimes run in the other direction. Best just to be in contact with them: info@albamclothing.com.

6. crackerjack

crackerjack Senior member

^ I inquired them about sizing and they have sizing charts for every single product. Went with size 2 based on those charts and it worked out really well.
    So if anyone is curious about sizing, just email them as they have sizing charts in .doc or .pdf to send to you.

7. textandaction

textandaction Well-Known Member

8. Dodo

Dodo Senior member

during this summer i weared a simple but great fit and highest quality, egyptian cotton t-shirt in color navy. I'm impressed by this t-shirts. Indeed they are expensive but when you wear them you really can feel the difference. I would like to find more of them at cheaper price than £ 39,00 Albam sell them.

9. mrstarks

mrstarks Senior member

So today I do my regular albamclothing website trawl and like any decent person I head straight to their End of Line (posh for Sale section) and guess what I found, they have dropped the prices of some of their clothing to some less than normal levels. So I will head over now if you are of the lucky sizes.Because I am feeling good, I have listed the severely reduced prices for y'all.

Mountaineer Chinos size 28/ (Blue) £25 -

Trail Pant/Charcoal/ Sizes available 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 34, had to buy my 34. Not doing it was would have been a crime

Taper Chino/Charcoal Size 28/Plum Size 37

Hurry before they are all gone.

Oh i randomly tried the "casuals" coupon code and it worked. Today just took an amazing turn.:nodding:

10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

20% of everything Albam until midnight firday "2011grazia"

11. bwahahahaha

bwahahahaha Senior member

Can anyone comment on the sizing of outerwear? I'm specifically looking at the Harrington, but with a 54cm p2p on a size 0 it seems absolutely enormous. Way too big for true xs / 44?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  12. ennui

ennui Senior member

I think it completely depends on the actual coat unfortunately. I have a duffle overcoat from them from a year or two ago, and it fits quite slim. I found that the measurements they gave me were accurate, if that helps.

13. bwahahahaha

bwahahahaha Senior member

Thanks. Yeah, if the measurements are accurate, I unfortunately think it is probably considerably too large. My best fitting coats are 44-46cm, which is pretty typical for an xs, so 54 seems pretty huge.

14. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

write them an email they are very helpful.

They are having 50% off sale at the moment, that burgundy JFK sweater is starting to look like a bargain.

15. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Really appreciate how Albam lets you know the origin of the fabric and manufacture (jeans: ' woven in Japan, crafted in England'; weekend jacket: "Italian cotton, beeswaxed in Scotland, while the inner is lined with an English-woven Lambs wool." ). Probably not crucial information for every purchaser, but I want to know this before I buy. In fact I WON'T buy if I feel the manufacuturer is trying to hide this basic information. Compare this to Barbour "of England" which seems to consider the country of origin a state (Queen's?) secret. Probably due to the fact that many "Barbour of England Heritage" items, which often sell for more than their traditional Bedal & Beaufort offerings, are actually made in Thailand, Portugal or Moldova. Which brings me back to Albam, and several coats I'm interested in -- Windcheater, Weekend Jacket, Lightweight Rain Mac, and Reefer Coat. For anyone who has experience with Albam outerwear, particularly these jackets, I'd appreciate your feedback on the garment(s).

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  16. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

the harrington fits big, i'm about a 48 these days and wear a size 0.

17. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Some of albams products are made in Portugal etc.

My Ventile parka fits TTS and maybe a little on the small side.

It's some serious duiscount they are doing at the moment, the JFK went from 165 to 59.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  18. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

anyone got a size 3 or 4 shirt mind giving measurements?

19. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Mr Mudd & Mr Gold in Stockholm has started selling Albam, even though Albam told me a couple months back, that they were going to focus on their own shops and not expand with more retailers. :rolleyes:

20. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Took advantage of Albam's free international shipping promo & picked up a couple of items I'd been considering. Thanks Albam!