Alabama Wedding

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mrpologuy, Apr 23, 2006.

1. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior member

I have to go to a wedding in Mobile, Alabama in mid May. I was wondering what to wear. Is a wool suit too warm or will it be fine? I have an off white cotton suit I was considering with a polo shirt maybe. Thanks for all your help as usual.

2. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Make sure it's a tropical wool if it's wool. Is it outdoors? The off white suit would probably be fine. It's possible that it could still be (relatively) mild in Mobile in mid-May, low 80s maybe. Of course, it could also be in the 90s.

3. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

What'll get you is not so much the heat but the humidity.

4. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior member

The wedding is indoors and I get the idea it is informal because there is no dinner afterwards, just drinks and appetizers.

5. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

The wedding is indoors and I get the idea it is informal because there is no dinner afterwards, just drinks and appetizers.
    I don't know that I would assume that. Most wedding receptions I go to (almost all in the South, including Alabama) are cake, punch and finger foods rather than 'sit-down' meals, but the weddings themselves are suit and tie.

6. Charley

Charley Senior member

Do not assume that the wedding will be "informal" simply because it will not include dinner. There may well be a very elaborate and extensive cocktail party for the reception. I sure would not wear a polo shirt. And, if the events are in the evening, I would not wear the light colored suit either.