• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Alabama Wedding

mrpologuy

Reaction score
I have to go to a wedding in Mobile, Alabama in mid May. I was wondering what to wear. Is a wool suit too warm or will it be fine? I have an off white cotton suit I was considering with a polo shirt maybe. Thanks for all your help as usual.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Make sure it's a tropical wool if it's wool. Is it outdoors? The off white suit would probably be fine. It's possible that it could still be (relatively) mild in Mobile in mid-May, low 80s maybe. Of course, it could also be in the 90s.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What'll get you is not so much the heat but the humidity.

mrpologuy

Reaction score
The wedding is indoors and I get the idea it is informal because there is no dinner afterwards, just drinks and appetizers.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrpologuy
The wedding is indoors and I get the idea it is informal because there is no dinner afterwards, just drinks and appetizers.
I don't know that I would assume that. Most wedding receptions I go to (almost all in the South, including Alabama) are cake, punch and finger foods rather than 'sit-down' meals, but the weddings themselves are suit and tie.

Charley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do not assume that the wedding will be "informal" simply because it will not include dinner. There may well be a very elaborate and extensive cocktail party for the reception. I sure would not wear a polo shirt. And, if the events are in the evening, I would not wear the light colored suit either.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.