1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Al Sharpton's latest suit on fox news right now

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Carlo, Apr 25, 2005.

1. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

I'd deny owning a suit like that too.

Incidentally, we liberals think of it as Hannity and Sock Puppet Punching Bag.

2. marc237

marc237 Well-Known Member

(Manton @ April 26 2005,07:07)
    Wonder who owns the suit? The Rev. cannot own anything of any value - too many judgements against him. Someone tried to collect on one of them by siezing some property. Not his watch. Not his suit. Last I knew, the FEC wanted some of that money back too.
    Rev. Al was deposed several years ago for a civil lawsuit (can't remember which one) and he was questioned on this very point. He told the lawyer that he does not "own" any suits, but "has access" to several. Important distinction.
    Hmmmmm.....Hertz rent-A-suit ? [​IMG]
    Evidently, his social action organization hires him and provides him with clothing. The entire thing is a legal (albeit unethical) way of shielding assets. Evidently, he can claim minimal income and virtual no assets/resources. This helps when your creditors are not smart enough to get second and third party guarantors. Chuck: I believe it is the technically the right-wing, Bush apologist and his ever-so-slightly more moderate yes-man. At least that is what I got from reading the Al Franken book.

3. Carlo

Carlo Well-Known Member

(Charley @ April 26 2005,04:03) Wonder who owns the suit? The Rev. cannot own anything of any value - too many judgements against him. Â Someone tried to collect on one of them by siezing some property. Â Not his watch. Â Not his suit. Â Last I knew, the FEC wanted some of that money back too.
    Rev. Al was deposed several years ago for a civil lawsuit (can't remember which one) and he was questioned on this very point. Â He told the lawyer that he does not "own" any suits, but "has access" to several. Â Important distinction.
    Yeah well, him and every married man I know. What's hers is hers, what's yers is hers....

4. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

This suit doesn't sound nearly as bad as the downward-pointing-peak-lapeled suit that a distressing number of athletes and ex-athlete sports commentators have been wearing lately.

5. Millerp

Millerp Well-Known Member

In a Washington Post article recently, Al Sharpton said he gets some of his clothes from the "Woody Wilson Collection" in Beverly Hills, CA http://woodywilson.com/ That unusual lapel is on the home page (left side) Click on "clients" on the top header and you will see Al Sharpton's name and those of other clients [​IMG] The lapel in question above

6. Kaga

Kaga Well-Known Member

Hm. I wonder if they carry lace jabots.

7. Jill

Jill Well-Known Member

Yup, that's the lapel.

8. Millerp

Millerp Well-Known Member

Some of the Woody Wilson suits aren't bad, but there are no words to describe this......or are there? [​IMG]

9. sashae

sashae Well-Known Member

Speaking of weird lapels, Kenny Smith on last night's TNT NBA broadcast was wearing lapels that had the notch *below* the point of the lapel -- notched upwards into the bottom part of the triangle. To do a bad ascii rendition, it looked something like this: Code Sample / / < ^ \\

10. Carlo

Carlo Well-Known Member

Miller - yeah, I can think of some.

I'd like a ruling from Manton though, I think he could do it better than I can.

11. tdial

tdial Well-Known Member

Stuart Scott on ESPN wears a no notch lapel suit from time to time.

12. odoreater

odoreater Well-Known Member

Pimp trad

13. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

(Eric @ April 26 2005,05:32) It seems to be a black thing. Â
    Uh-oh. Â Paging Policy...
    Jesus, should I have said African American? I don't mean to insult or anything but certain cultures, including but not limited to black/african american have a style of their own. No racism intended, and I hope none was taken. I hope we can get past the PC bull, it is exhausting. Eric

14. tdial

tdial Well-Known Member

(RJMan @ April 26 2005,07:04)
    It seems to be a black thing. Â
    Jesus, should I have said African American? Â I don't mean to insult or anything but certain cultures, including but not limited to black/african american have a style of their own. Â No racism intended, and I hope none was taken. Â I hope we can get past the PC bull, it is exhausting. Eric
    Word.

15. PeterMetro

PeterMetro Well-Known Member

I liked Sharpton a lot better when he wore track suits and a perm. More like this: [​IMG]

16. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

Jesus, should I have said African American? Â I don't mean to insult or anything but certain cultures, including but not limited to black/african american have a style of their own. Â No racism intended, and I hope none was taken. Â I hope we can get past the PC bull, it is exhausting. Eric
    Uh you took me seriously? I'm Rick James, Bitch...

17. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

(Eric @ April 26 2005,12:43)

Uh you took me seriously? Â I'm Rick James, Bitch...
    My bad, tough to catch sarcasm online, I think everyone touched on that topic at the DC dinner also, this just further illustrates that point. SCREW YOU RJMAN. Eric

18. Carlo

Carlo Well-Known Member

Oh sure... bring Jesus into it. See, now we have religious bigotry. Why not Moses? Mohammed? Buddha? Donald Trump (oh wait, he only thinks he's God) And you, RJMAN - admit your hatred for those of Asian descent who are any darker than fish-belly white. Admit it man, confess. Don't make me get my latin book out or start bitch slappin you with my strawman. OK, sorry, will take my meds now.

19. christian

christian Well-Known Member

As a man of the cloth, I'd expect more from this &quot;Reverand&quot; Sharpton.

He should be working to feed the homeless in Harlem instead of all the tomcatting he does. You know he doesn't have the eye on the ball when he's spending that much time and effort on his clothes.

Why not just stick to the classic black and white- the religious equivalent of the suit and tuxedo? It's perfect.

20. odoreater

odoreater Well-Known Member

Woah, speaking of wierd lapels (and wierd suits in general), did anybody see Magic Johnson's suit on the TNT coverage of the NBA playoffs?