• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

AK 47s - How to dress around them

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
On the days when I do not go directly from my bulletproof office to my Sherman tank, I like to carry an AK47 with me. Yes, I know it is not an American make, but I find that it is not only useful for picking off would be hooligans, but also the butt of the rifle is quite maneuverable when I have to bash people in the face who have gotten too close. I used to roll around an old time howitzer like it was my shopping cart, but I started to feel that it was a touch too trad for me. So, if anybody can tell me both how to make my AK more noticeable, and what AK toter doesn't want to be noticed, and to match my tie to the body of the gun, I would be much obliged.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get the folding metal butt AK. Its more convenient.

Regards.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
step 1: turnback cuff
step 2: balls on your shirt
step 3: post pictures from the 1500's to let us know what the landed gentry used to wear
step 4: shake hands with the unemployed after talking about how much you love james bond

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
step 1: turnback cuff
step 2: balls on your shirt
step 3: post pictures from the 1500's to let us know what the landed gentry used to wear
step 4: shake hands with the unemployed after talking about how much you love james bond

You forgot the 1902 Sears catalog -- Apparel Arts for the Real America.

Also, iammatt, are you having Triple K C withdrawal?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
step 1: turnback cuff step 2: balls on your shirt step 3: post pictures from the 1500's to let us know what the landed gentry used to wear step 4: shake hands with the unemployed after talking about how much you love james bond
Like this?

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJmanbearpig
You forgot the 1902 Sears catalog -- Apparel Arts for the Real America.

Also, iammatt, are you having Triple K C withdrawal?

why do you have a new name? i don't know how i feel about change. what would james bond do?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
why do you have a new name? i don't know how i feel about change. what would james bond do?
You know, while you were on vacation there was a thread dealing with cell phone pics that demanded you attention.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
You know, while you were on vacation there was a thread dealing with cell phone pics that demanded you attention.

a guy in my firm has naked girls on his blackberry. the problem is every girl only allowed him to take the pictures if they didn't include their faces. i am worried he may develop a weird fetish for decapitated women. big dilemma.

link me to this great thread.

Jeff Naylor

Reaction score
You could learn a great deal by careful examination of this illustration from an 1864 issue of Infantry Arts.

Beginning with a quality leather sling is always appropriate. Note also the brass inlaid patchbox on the stock, which is also a very classic touch. He has chosen to accessorize his firearm with a sword on the weak hand side, which I think is a bit of a dandified touch but not entirely inappropriate except insofar as he didn't match the sword sheath with his shoes.

I wish I could be a bit more positive about his choice of headwear. It seems particularly ill-fitting and inappropriate for such an otherwise well put together ensemble. And I don't think we need to rehash the whole brown shoes with blue suit argument again except to say that those trousers are really calling for a #8 chukka. And the cuffs are completely overdone.

Teger

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I will refer you to the sartorial bible "The Terminator" in which Reese, upon acquiring a shotgun from a police vehicle, saws off the stock to enable him to hide it under a trench coat (I couldn't determine the maker, but I'd have to guess it was Burberry or bespoke).

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that a man is dressed in such a way as to provide a background for his female companion. So how about:

Or let's just pour gasoline over fire in true SF fashion and present:

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually know someone who carries an AK around. Though in his Nissan Maxima and not his person. I always tell him he listens to too much dancehall music.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The stock should match your shoes and belt. Get an AR-15 for the more formal occasions.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ataturk
The stock should match your shoes and belt. Get an AR-15 for the more formal occasions.
Good idea. Can I use the AR-15 to shoot people wearing notch lapel dinner jackets?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 128 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 234 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 116 15.8%
  • 31 - 40