Airwalk Vics

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Tokyo Slim, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

I used to have a pair of Airwalk Vic's. The low-top model without the velcro lace guard, black with a white ollie guard. God I loved those shoes... The Vic has been reissued, but is only available in Europe. I think I need a pair. *sigh* [​IMG]

2. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I posted about these a while ago on one of those grade school reminiscence threads. Some German guy on ebay has been selling them for a while. That exact one is the one I had, and I wore them completely to death. I still want another pair.

3. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

I posted about these a while ago on one of those grade school reminiscence threads. Some German guy on ebay has been selling them for a while. That exact one is the one I had, and I wore them completely to death. I still want another pair.

They are actually fairly similar to the Japanese "safety shoes" you have...

4. xchen

xchen Senior member

Their regular line is now sold in Payless. I had the black ones with the white Puma-like stripe on them in the third grade and a different variation of them all the way through middle school. My best Airwalk buy was right before the line disappeared for sometime when I found a pair at Kohl's that rang up for $4.50. I've never owned a pair of Vans though AFAIR, and I'm gonna get a few pairs in the spring.

5. nomovement

nomovement Senior member

top 3 airwalks:
    540's
    sorry's
    one's

6. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Their regular line is now sold in Payless. I had the black ones with the white Puma-like stripe on them in the third grade and a different variation of them all the way through middle school. My best Airwalk buy was right before the line disappeared for sometime when I found a pair at Kohl's that rang up for $4.50. I've never owned a pair of Vans though AFAIR, and I'm gonna get a few pairs in the spring.
    Are you just talking about Airwalks in general? Because I've never seen Vics with a white puma-like stripe, and I havent seen Vics for sale in the US since the early 90's. Especially not in payless. They are going for 55 Euros ($80 something dollars) right now overseas...
    top 3 airwalks: 540's sorry's one's
    Have you ever tried the Vics? Much better looking, IMO than any of those, and much better for actual skating, since they aren't as bulky and awkward. I never understood the movement to hugely bulbous skate-shoes.

7. xchen

xchen Senior member

I was talking about the regular Airwalks. I never had the Vics.

8. kakemono

kakemono Senior member

These skateboarding brands alwasy seem to pump out quality shoes.

9. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

I forgot about these shoes. Had them. Loved them. Not sure I could get away with it anymore, especially as I don't skate frequently these days. But yeah, wow!

Remember those airwalk desert boots? They had the sawtooth soles? Yeah. I'd love to have them back in the rotation.

10. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

I forgot about these shoes. Had them. Loved them. Not sure I could get away with it anymore, especially as I don't skate frequently these days. But yeah, wow! Remember those airwalk desert boots? They had the sawtooth soles? Yeah. I'd love to have them back in the rotation.
    I never did skate all that much, I sucked ass at it. BUT These were similar in size and shape to a Chuck Taylor/Jack Purcell's without being a complete knockoff, and I was thinking it might make a good all around casual shoe. Not really into the Camo shoe thing though. Probably in a blue, black or white. [​IMG]

11. Airwalk

Airwalk New Member

Yeah, the Vic's are definitely my favorite, though I am biased. You can get them here (U.S.) as well, we just switch out what shoes we are making all the time. Skate shoes like the Vic's are more likely to surface right about now as we are ramping up for summer. We've got some good ones coming this season, after we're done testing 'em out. Can't release a skate shoe until we test them on the ramps ourselves [​IMG] http://www.airwalk.com

12. jkennett

jkennett Senior member

east coast to west and back to east. currently res
    damn... airwalk is now a sf member? collaboration anyone?! [​IMG] It used to be vision for me. [​IMG]

13. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Sweet! We want Vics! (SFxAirwalk Vics?)

14. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Yeah, the Vic's are definitely my favorite, though I am biased. You can get them here (U.S.) as well, we just switch out what shoes we are making all the time. Skate shoes like the Vic's are more likely to surface right about now as we are ramping up for summer. We've got some good ones coming this season, after we're done testing 'em out. Can't release a skate shoe until we test them on the ramps ourselves [​IMG]

http://www.airwalk.com

Seriously!?!?!?!

OMG. If Vic's become available this year in the US, I think I might cry.

I would be incredibly happy.

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

Those shoes and skate his were the most heinous looking shoes when I was a kid. It's good to see I've retained my impeccable taste and continue to believe that is the case.