• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Airport transfer in Paris?

Marc395

Reaction score
I'm in this lucky situation that I get the chance to go to Paris for a few days this fall to visit a friend. However, I don't want to cause too much trouble, so I don't want him picking me up at the airport or anything since I've heard that the airports in Paris are located pretty far from the city centre. On top of that I will be arriving at a rather inconvenient time for him. I don't know much about the infrastructure in Paris (nothing at all, really), so I was hoping that some of you have some kind of experience in that field. I've been looking around a little bit and found this limousine service called Blacklane which seems fine - and they have an app for booking rides, have you ever tried that before? Are limousine apps any good, and which advantages do they have in comparison to booking the old-fashioned way?

I'm looking forward to reading your answers,

- Marc

SplasH

Reaction score
Paris airports are well deserved by public transportation. A cab or any ride will cost you around 100 eurs where a train ticket is 10 eurs and will take 45 minutes.

FunLovinStyle

Reaction score
+1 to the above. From the airport, take the train (called RER) into the city center and then transfer to the subway (metro). It's very easy, with clear signs in English.

Edit: the above poster lives in Paris!

Last edited:

OliverGauffe

Reaction score
Yes, agree with the others. You can easily take the RER B train (a subway train) directly from the airport into the city and transfer to another metro line there to get closer to your friend. But, that said, if your friend has a car and is willing to pick you up, its not THAT far out of the city, not by American standards. I just flew into Paris last Thursday, and a friend picked me up. I was so grateful not to have to schlepp my huge Samsonite up and down the subway stairs. The only smooth surface you'll have to roll a huge suitcase on will be inside the airport--European streets and sideweeks are difficult to navigate with a bunch of luggage.

Whatever you do, forget about the limo service. If you have a hundred bucks to blow, you can get a taxi easily outside.

whymakemedothis

Reaction score
Driving is not terribly far but could be heavily, heavily trafficked. The RER goes through some sketchy parts. I've witnessed a lot of theft on that airport line more than once. The bus is not a bad option either.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Take a taxi at one of the taxi exits and pay 50-80 euros depending on where you're going and what time it is. Well I'm assuming your friend is living in Paris intra-muros.

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are Plenty of options including trains and Taxis. There is also an Air france bus going to two locations in the city. For a detailed description you should check out the wikitravel page for Paris.

On a side note, taxis and specially limousine services will be expensive and you will get stuck in traffic. That is why scooter-taxis are popular alternative for business people in a hurry (obviously does not work if you have lots of luggage).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads