• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Airline etiquette concerning meals

hamish5178

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bruce9241
You know how they only give you a little bit of food on airlines? Small bags of peanuts, a small plastic cup of orange juice, a bite size piece of bread, small portions all around. You can't get full on this.

This got me thinking. Would it be considered impolite to ask the person sitting next to you if he or she is going to finish that?

For example. Your neighbor eats everything on his meal plate, (chicken medley of vegetables, a 2x2 chocolate brownie and some canned fruit) except the canned fruit. Would it be considered weird to ask him if you can have his canned fruit?

Now you don't know this neighbor of yours. This is the first time you two have met. Infact you two haven't really said much on the 18 hour flight. He's just some guy trying to get home or something.

I don't think it would be. I mean if he doesn't eat his canned fruit, the airline is probably going to toss it out anyway, or worse, give it to the poor.

Want to know a trick?

I'm a vegetarian, so I always request a vegetarian meal when booking. Your meal gets delivered before the rest (flying coach) right to your seat, then the cart starts at the top of the aisle.

Then when the cart gets to you they always (always) give you a normal meal as well. I've even pointed it out before and the flight attendants didn't care/were annoyed at me for speaking.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hamish5178
Want to know a trick?

I'm a vegetarian, so I always request a vegetarian meal when booking. Your meal gets delivered before the rest (flying coach) right to your seat, then the cart starts at the top of the aisle.

Then when the cart gets to you they always (always) give you a normal meal as well. I've even pointed it out before and the flight attendants didn't care/were annoyed at me for speaking.

If you're a vegetarian what's the point in getting the normal meal if you're not going to eat it?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
I had a flight attendant scold me once when I asked her for a pen. She told me I should have been better prepared for traveling.

Oh, you know you got served when a flight attendant scolds you for not bringing a pen.

hamish5178

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
If you're a vegetarian what's the point in getting the normal meal if you're not going to eat it?
Do I really need to explain this? Extra water, bread, fruit, salad, desert? Mostly the water, planes turn me into a piece of beef jerky.

Bruce9241

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hamish5178
Do I really need to explain this?

Extra water, bread, fruit, salad, desert?

Mostly the water, planes turn me into a piece of beef jerky.

Fantastic idea!

You could also trade the extra food for vegeterian items from your immediate neighbor, or someone on in the next aisle down. The possibilities are endless.

hamish5178

Reaction score
Fantastic idea!

You could also trade the extra food for vegeterian items from your immediate neighbor, or someone on in the next aisle down. The possibilities are endless.

These little things add up, with all the free **** I can score I'll be a millionaire before I'm 19.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Fantastic idea! You could also trade the extra food for vegeterian items from your immediate neighbor, or someone on in the next aisle down. The possibilities are endless.
Bruce, you are a good troll. I don't like the racial epithets but, you are creative. If you want to stick around you should probably come to your own defense in Trans. Mod. Some infractions have been linked by a few members that, I'll admit, I objected to but I think you are doing it all as B.S. If you tone it down, maybe it will slip under the radar. Anyway; Be a funny troll, be careful about the racism. You'll get timed out or banned.

lynchpatrickj

Reaction score
When it comes to pretzels and nuts and such, just ask the stewardess for a few more. If the plane isn't full, they'll be happy to hook you up.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
If you tone it down, maybe it will slip under the radar.

I guess that didn't work out so well....

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I almost always have a few of my own things to eat while flying. So that is never an issue for me.

However, what is the etiquette regarding hand lotion? On a recent flight, I asked the lady seated next to me for some as my hands were pretty dry, she wasn't impressed. I did get the lotion though!

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
However, what is the etiquette regarding hand lotion?

Depends on what you needed it for....
uhoh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics