• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Air France rating?

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm flying to Moscow pretty soon and i was booked on Air France. I've never used them and was wondering how flirghts are internationaly for those with experience?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
not bad, food better than most. where are you flying out of?

where are you staying in Moscow (that's what I would be worried about, if I were you)?

bryce330

Reaction score
I'm flying to Moscow pretty soon and i was booked on Air France.  I've never used them and was wondering how flirghts are internationaly for those with experience?
Air France is pretty good - not great but better than US domestic carriers. Are you connecting at CDG? If so, make sure you have enough time (at least 1.5 hours) since you will probably have to switch terminals.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The trip was booked with my Russian professor.  Were staying at the dorms at Moscow University (ugg).  And where flying out of JFK. I was just curious because i flew United once internationally and it was god awful.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
good luck. I usually stay at pretty good hotels in moscow, and they are pretty nasty. I hope that the people you are with will take good care of you - see if you can get them to take you for uzbeki food, that was the most interesting food I have had in moscow.

Air France out of JFK will probrably have what ever is newist in the fleet, you will probrably get an ok plane. like I said, it is ok, food is better than most, but nothing to get excited about.

have fun, bring home some vodka, babuska dolls, fur hat for your girl. oh, and you can get pretty good, simple automatic watches in moscow very cheap. the one I have I have had for 10 years and it works well.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seraphin has a boutique in Moscow. Â He is a manufacturer of leather coats and shearlings, from Russia but lives and works in Paris. Â That boutique is the only one of its kind in the world. Â Go and report back, PLEASE............
smile.gif
154 Nevsky Pr. T: 277 2916 Open daily 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm flying to Moscow pretty soon and i was booked on Air France.  I've never used them and was wondering how flirghts are internationaly for those with experience?
25% off for obeses who buy 2 seats.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Were staying at the dorms at Moscow University (ugg).  
Wow. Good luck. My grandfather (in-law) "helped" build the main building there. No offense to him, but, yeesh, I think that will be your least favorite part of the trip.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
air france has always been good when i've flown between new york and paris...the staff at the airports have pulled off some impressive schedule manipulation...flights have been on time...good work.

petescolari

Reaction score
The one time I flew them from Boston to Charles de Gaulle, they lost my luggage (2 pieces) for four days. Luckily, I wasn't on business but was w.o. clothes until I went to Breuer and APC.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(demeis @ April 26 2005,14:04) Were staying at the dorms at Moscow University (ugg). Â
Wow. Good luck. My grandfather (in-law) "helped" build the main building there. No offense to him, but, yeesh, I think that will be your least favorite part of the trip.
I don't know where the dorms are, but the university is cool, it is one of the "Stalanist" buildings in moscow, a little like a birthday cake. be very, very careful, the bad guys in moscow are very bad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads