• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Air Force blue suit - formality

HaroldH

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm about to move from a workplace with a very relaxed dresscode to C-level consulting, and I rarely dress formally at work.

I have two staple suits in very conservative colors (a darker shade of navy and charcoal) for the occasional meeting with execs but I wanted a 3rd suit with a bit more flair that I could wear at work and in other settings (weddings, etc).

I purchased this one online at a deep discount (direct link to picture here). Although the sharkskin texture looks more subtle once worn than on the pictures and although and the suit fits me perfectly, I'm concerned the color is a bit too light and ultimately too casual in a formal setting. On the other hand, I'm neither in banking nor in London and this is a third suit, so I'm not sure this is a clear faux-pas either.

What are your thoughts on that? Thanks!

norMD

Reaction score
I think it looks good and is formal enough.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're fine. If you're in operations consulting vs. strategy consulting, you're really fine.

Kevin24

Reaction score
Looks good to me! (although I prefer that shade of blue in more of a birdseye pattern)

HaroldH

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm in strategy consulting at one of the major firms.
But I get the overall feedback and it sounds like I shouldn't have second thoughts.

And I'm pretty happy with having snatched a half-canvased suit in Vitale Barberis cloth for less than €200

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Christ. Doesn't anybody have a real job these days? A job that will still exist in a decade.
(I won't be the only one thinking this).

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.