• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Half size up from my Nike size for me.

nick227

Reaction score
Sorry for the basic question, but does anyone have sizing advice on the new 650R? I've seen people recommend your regular Brannock size, half size down, and even a full size down for the 550. I assume the 650R will fit like the 550, but is there a "general consensus" on sizing for the 550?

I'd go with your Brannock size on these. I'm between a 9 and 9.5 on the Brannock and usually wear a 9.5 in everything except miUSA NBs and AF1s. A 41 in CPs is a bit too tight, but a 42 is a bit loose. For the 550s, I went with a 9, but only because there was some heel slip in a 9.5. The 9 is pretty snug especially if I wear it for a few hours with crew socks.

For these 650s I think since they're a high top that's a non issue so I'd personally recommend sticking to your brannock size.

Cuttooth

Reaction score
I'm in for the green ones and would be tempted to get a grey pair too. Hoping TTS works for me.

ggss09

Reaction score
Went for a grey - I think the shoe isn't for everyone but it brings back super nostalgic vibes and I think it works well with a pretty wide range of aesthetics

Bryce C

Reaction score
Was I the only one hoping that there would be more than the duffle and varsity? Would have loved to secure some socks, shorts, and a campaign tee if it was an option.

nick227

Reaction score
Ate my words... realized if I play with the country settings I can get the price to the normal $177USD so I snagged grey

Mrbutchsanders

Reaction score
grabbed the green and navy, i wont lie I really like the style and want to grab the grey too...

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was I the only one hoping that there would be more than the duffle and varsity? Would have loved to secure some socks, shorts, and a campaign tee if it was an option.

i remember seeing a picture of the model they always use in a baggy, black new balance (?) varsity, but can't find that pic anymore

anybody have that picture?

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the basic question, but does anyone have sizing advice on the new 650R? I've seen people recommend your regular Brannock size, half size down, and even a full size down for the 550. I assume the 650R will fit like the 550, but is there a "general consensus" on sizing for the 550?

Brannock size for me as well. I had a half size up on the initial run of 550s and they looked like boats plus the aforementioned heel slip.

ruzzi

Reaction score
New to the brand, whats the most versatile pieces outside of the shoes?

Usually wear pretty minimalist stuff - APC, Acne, PJohnson...

Symphony

Reaction score
New to the brand, whats the most versatile pieces outside of the shoes?

Usually wear pretty minimalist stuff - APC, Acne, PJohnson...

Probably the trousers. Carpenter, denim, etc.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nothing screams must haves to me, some nice pieces here and there. my favourite is probably this wooly overshirt but it probably looks like a $10 thrifted shirt if I actually put it on
1629980319979.png

boxdok

Reaction score
I like both Varsity. Any idea on what pricing may be and are the varsity oversized? I am guessing the model is wearing medium and there looks to be plenty of room for layering. I may just sz down, not a fan of oversized fits

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads