• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Checking in late here @nick227 . Could you clarify this as I'm interested too. A full size down from what for example? I am a 41 in CP, 9.5 in Nike and NB and wondering if I would be an 8 or 8.5 in these.

10.5 is my brannock size, so the size I am for dress shoes that run true to size. This would be most Allen Edmonds. A lot of the most popular Alden make up run a half size large (like those on the Barrie last) in which case I am a 10. For these ALD loafers I am a 9.5, a full size down. My gut tells me they are just tagged in UK sizing from the factory.

I don't think Nike is a good comparison because I think all of their models fit differently. In CP Achilles I am a 43, in modern bballs and others I am a 44. In most NBs I am am 11, and for 1300s I am a 10.5 since they run a bit big.

Hope this helps!

blacklight

Reaction score
Selling a BNWT FW20 Chevron Woolrich puffer in sz M. Too many coats in rotation and never got the chance to wear it.

51a55800ece24b6be589648e12f08f10.png

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grey for me

nick227

Reaction score
Holding off until next year, prices will be below retail

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holding off until next year, prices will be below retail
Good for you man. Even if that was true (got some stock tips btw?) you're gonna save, what, $6.50 after fees? :-D

nick227

Reaction score
Good for you man. Even if that was true (got some stock tips btw?) you're gonna save, what, $6.50 after fees? :-D

LOL! Didn't mean any hostility in my comment at all to anyone who pre-ordered. I'm in Canada so I'm pretty assured I can get them under retail after our bad duty fees - ALD is charging ~$250USD after everything. Even the most recent 550s (blue/red) were going for ~$50 under landed retail locally in Toronto.

I'm also not sure I'll even want these in 8 months either.. to each their own :-D

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a lot of duties !

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sorry for the basic question, but does anyone have sizing advice on the new 650R? I've seen people recommend your regular Brannock size, half size down, and even a full size down for the 550. I assume the 650R will fit like the 550, but is there a "general consensus" on sizing for the 550?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics