• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not that I could afford it but does ALD or Porsche actually sell the car in their collab or are they just selling the Porsche branded clothes? I assume only 1 car was restored/modified and they didn't make a handful for sale since I can't find any info about last years?

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not that I could afford it but does ALD or Porsche actually sell the car in their collab or are they just selling the Porsche branded clothes? I assume only 1 car was restored/modified and they didn't make a handful for sale since I can't find any info about last years?
Only 1 is for sale

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those sun faded colors ?

D5CBF9E8-13BE-45B0-8E6E-2BE91FF85109.jpeg
173912AC-6EFD-487C-8E58-7D506E6332DA.jpeg

Maxwellll

Reaction score
I dont think either of the Porsche cars were/are for sale, just a design project. From the behind the scenes shots I saw on IG stories etc, not even sure Porsche were involved with the restoration of the cars, done by third party I assume.

Essentially it looks like Porsche just lend their name and logo to the project, some merch and marketing, while ALD are happy to have such a big collaboration and an immaculate classic Porsche at the end of it.

Fillup

Reaction score
I dont think either of the Porsche cars were/are for sale, just a design project. From the behind the scenes shots I saw on IG stories etc, not even sure Porsche were involved with the restoration of the cars, done by third party I assume.

Essentially it looks like Porsche just lend their name and logo to the project, some merch and marketing, while ALD are happy to have such a big collaboration and an immaculate classic Porsche at the end of it.
The cars actually had to be restored by a garage that was approved by Porsche, and all the parts had to be purchased directly from Porsche, I spoke to Teddy about this at the last event. The garage is on LI. It's the only way Porsche would allow for the collaboration. Last drop Porsche also didn't allow them to use any of the Porsche logo's or badges on the clothing, assuming this drop will be the same or similar in that regard.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll take it the shoes are pretty nice? Any help with sizing the loafers? Thank you!
They're great if you like chunky shoes. Think of them more as a Timb 3-eye lug than a menswear loafer. Sizing for me is TTS if wearing with thick socks, 1/2 size down if no sock or thin socks

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're great if you like chunky shoes. Think of them more as a Timb 3-eye lug than a menswear loafer. Sizing for me is TTS if wearing with thick socks, 1/2 size down if no sock or thin socks
Thank you!

looks like they are out of stock now, I swear I looked last week and they were in stock in my size. ??‍♂️

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anybody tried the pleated chinos?
It's not the most ALD thing but the herringbone fabric looks nice and so do the colours. I can't seem to find an actual fit pic though and the measurements don't say much.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The nice thing about Porsche is they have a Porsche classic division where you can get parts for vintage cars.

That said the average 911 SC sells for significantly more than the $30k I paid for my car new. I wanted to get and restore a BMW 2002 I could get cheap but the difficulty of sourcing parts and lack of time (2 young kids) killed that plan.

MeatFish

Reaction score
How’s the sizing?
Went with the same size I’ve always taken in fitteds. Fwiw, I’ve had 59fiftys of the same size vary a bit - some tighter, some looser - and I’d say that these are on the looser end of that spectrum, which is good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads