• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Y'all are triiiiippin.

All it takes to get those early release emails is to make a purchase. Buy one thing. Like any thing. Support the brand, like even a lite bit.

Could ALD make more quantities? I guess, but you also have no idea what their manufacturing is like, order quantities, or their prediction models. Also, all of these product orders were placed over a year ago, and with a pandemic, who knows if the factories were able to successfully meet them, or what demand ALD predicted. Don't assume they just wanna create hype, damn.

I'm sure it's a lot easier to sell sweatpants with KITH on the side than a full cut & sew line with as many pieces per season as ALD. Y'all forget just how many SKUs come out every drop.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Y'all are triiiiippin.

All it takes to get those early release emails is to make a purchase. Buy one thing. Like any thing. Support the brand, like even a lite bit.

Could ALD make more quantities? I guess, but you also have no idea what their manufacturing is like, order quantities, or their prediction models. Also, all of these product orders were placed over a year ago, and with a pandemic, who knows if the factories were able to successfully meet them, or what demand ALD predicted. Don't assume they just wanna create hype, damn.

I'm sure it's a lot easier to sell sweatpants with KITH on the side than a full cut & sew line with as many pieces per season as ALD. Y'all forget just how many SKUs come out every drop.
who's this "y'all"? I don't see anyone crying about not getting EA emails lol.
btw I've made a couple of purchases on there in the past few months so it's not just 'one thing'. I'm not complaining though, as I didn't expect to be given EA after just spending a few hundred bucks.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Y'all are triiiiippin.

Wut?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Y'all are triiiiippin.

I've bought stuff from ALD and didn't get an ER email.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they’ve been playing around with EA emails starting last season given the increase in popularity. For this recent 550 drop my sisters email got an EA email even though the only thing bought was a pair of 827s from last year.
For the Clark’s drop from Reddit it seemed like a lot of ppl who normally got EA didn’t get email but then drop after that it seemed fine? Clarks were also most readily available in terms of multiple retailers carrying them (and I think you probably could’ve scooped at discount depending on retailer).
No idea on criteria they use to determine if you’re EA or not but I expect to be rolled off soon since there’s definitely a lot more interest now and I don’t spend as much.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks.

The apparel felt very Kith-ish tbh, but the sneakers I like.
What I be saying. One bus stop from Kith at this point.
well the discord def knows a bit more when it comes to blanks and manufactuers. was hoping someone in there could give us the hookup on the leather goods provider but no dice.

Symphony

Reaction score
thanks.

What I be saying. One bus stop from Kith at this point.

well the discord def knows a bit more when it comes to blanks and manufactuers. was hoping someone in there could give us the hookup on the leather goods provider but no dice.

wait there’s a discord?

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not an official on just made by fans like the reddit. They were able to sleuth out the manufactures of some pieces and then did a bulk buy at cost.

Samir

Reaction score
not an official on just made by fans like the reddit. They were able to sleuth out the manufactures of some pieces and then did a bulk buy at cost.
Are most of the sweats from House of Blanks // Roopa Knitting Mills?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads