• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kal Varnsen

Reaction score
I actually can’t sell on StockX over $800 without paying crazy luxury import duties haha. Canadian problems. Need to go the private seller route. Anyways, there are multiple sales on these for high prices, I’m not in a rush.

Just because others are selling them at obscene prices doesn't mean people will actually pay them.

nick227

Reaction score
Just because others are selling them at obscene prices doesn't mean people will actually pay them.

Except they are though... these are StockX prices, add in sales tax and all of these are over $850. There are only 3 pairs listed anywhere in size 9.

Attachments

• 2225B439-929A-4249-A35E-9DBCA4225839.png
    2225B439-929A-4249-A35E-9DBCA4225839.png
    165.3 KB · Views: 124

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha well the guy decided to change his offer to $800. Going to wait it out, ideally have these listed for $1k +
Would you pick up $400 if you saw it on the sidewalk?

nick227

Reaction score
Would you pick up $400 if you saw it on the sidewalk?

LOL. Damn very different responses here than on the ALD subreddit. Everyone there tried to convince me to keep them when I posed this question.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL. Damn very different responses here than on the ALD subreddit. Everyone there tried to convince me to keep them when I posed this question.
Depends why the dudes over there are trying to convince you to keep them. Is it because they think you can fetch more later or is it because they think they're dope

nick227

Reaction score
Depends why the dudes over there are trying to convince you to keep them. Is it because they think you can fetch more later or is it because they think they're dope

Because they think they’re dope mostly... some think prices will go up. I just don’t see much more room to rise, not many buyers out there for a $1500 New Balance

Kal Varnsen

Reaction score
Because they think they’re dope mostly... some think prices will go up. I just don’t see much more room to rise, not many buyers out there for a $1500 New Balance

I mean if you really think you can get more for them, by all means, wait. I guess at the very least you'd get $100 more than what you paid for them originally.

I'm always a bit mystified when it comes to people selling clothing, though, for way more than what they originally paid for. It's not like you're selling a luxury watch.

nick227

Reaction score
I mean if you really think you can get more for them, by all means, wait. I guess at the very least you'd get $100 more than what you paid for them originally.

I'm always a bit mystified when it comes to people selling clothing, though, for way more than what they originally paid for. It's not like you're selling a luxury watch.

I paid about $415 checking back, so still a healthy return. And that’s the sneaker resale market for, retail on these was $220. The fact someone paid $1300+ in April boggles my mind.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you're mystified about... what? people getting market value for things that they're trying to sell?

grayfox

Reaction score
so this brand has yet to release their new fall/winter 2020 collection online to buy..............
The third release was just yesterday on the official site, and Ssense has one delivery so far. What do you mean?

0ldb0y

Reaction score
Need some feedback - I have a pair of ALD 990v2s, size 9. Got offered $950 for them - would you guys do it? I got them last year for $420ish, haven't worn them.
That's why I don't feel comfy wearing hype sneakers knowing they go for absurd amounts. Unless u plan on displaying them on ur sneaker wall, sell them!! I'd use that money to cop more jawns :)

Kal Varnsen

Reaction score
you're mystified about... what? people getting market value for things that they're trying to sell?

I guess it's more the fact there are people willing to pay twice as much when it comes to clothing. I mentioned watches in my previous post. I'm not at all a watch guy, but I know watches can at least appreciate in value. Partly because if well taken care of, a watch can last for generations. But does this hold true for clothing?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads