• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maharishi 8016. Love them...high quality and heavy weight twill cotton. I have them in a few colors and also a similar model in nylon. Here are the same in black and also the nylon pair.
20200226_083713.jpg
20191210_143827.jpg

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wish penny loafers were black instead of navy

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not in love with any of those colorways. Kind of waiting on the tan suede ones from Rhude.

Cashmere and denim look great though.

Side-note: Anybody grab the fleece zip up from last drop? The zipper on mine kinda sucks, just wondering if anybody else experienced the same.

EDIT: Realized I had early access and immediately cracked. Price is too good not to check them out, so I went for the brown ones.

Last edited:

NikG

Reaction score
how the hell do you style those other than suits? especially the white/yellow ones?
Definitely cannot wear loafers with a suit, especially not these that are bright, suede and thick soled. These would be good for casual trousers or jeans as they're a casual shoe. Pretty easy to style. Ultimately though, would pass on these, better of getting a proper pair of Goodyear-welted loafers than these.

NikG

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not in love with any of those colorways. Kind of waiting on the tan suede ones from Rhude.

Cashmere and denim look great though.

Side-note: Anybody grab the fleece zip up from last drop? The zipper on mine kinda sucks, just wondering if anybody else experienced the same.

EDIT: Realized I had early access and immediately cracked. Price is too good not to check them out, so I went for the brown ones.
A lot of this season is Made in China, hence, the quality drop you and rest us have seen. Shame they've done this as it's tarnished the brand for me, especially since they've jacked up the prices as well for a lesser quality product that cost them $2 to make in a sweatshop.

Mrbutchsanders

Reaction score
Ended up grabbing a cashmere sweater and a fitted. Hard to decide on the color but I went with the Pepto pink. The loafers are nice, wish I could suggest you guys to pick them up in store to try them on. I ended up going with my clarks size (8.5) on the loafers last season

jasonladuke0311

Reaction score
How did you guys size on the loafers? I went 1.5 down from my Nike/Vans size based on what people said about the last run.

Shirts Anderson

Reaction score
How accurate would you all say the measurements on the ALD site tend to be? Just looking at the cashmere sweater, for instance - the medium is listed as 23 1/4 body length, which seems crazy short to me. Based on length alone I would be a large but it looks pretty roomy up top. Is that just the intended fit?

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't speak on measurements but on buying a handful of ALD pieces from inspection to now. For me, I would size up on most pieces. So instead of a small I would go medium. The only pieces I felt fit true to size have been the dime pocket tees which I wish I went true for.

Mrbutchsanders

Reaction score
How accurate would you all say the measurements on the ALD site tend to be? Just looking at the cashmere sweater, for instance - the medium is listed as 23 1/4 body length, which seems crazy short to me. Based on length alone I would be a large but it looks pretty roomy up top. Is that just the intended fit?

In a sense you're right. I purchased the pink one in M (I'm usually an S in most brands) because I tried on last seasons in S in store and felt it was too tight. Honestly aside from a few things, I like to go M in ALD for the most part. It definitely is slightly roomier up top. If I had to compare it fit wise to anything it feels similar to the first run, I'd say its got the same feel as John Elliott's Cashmere sweater from Season 10. For reference I'm 5'7" and usually around 145-150. Hope that helps!

Shirts Anderson

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks guys. Sounds like the large is the way to go. I've been eyeing ALD for a while but a bit hesitant on pulling the trigger due to the return policy.

NikG

Reaction score
Might be too late, but ALD sizing is all over the place. I range in anything from an M to an XL. I have about a dozen pieces; 50% are L, 25% XL and 25% M. I'm 6'2" and 155lb for reference.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics