• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@nick227 I went down a full size, from 10.5 to 9.5 and they fit perfectly. They have a bit of cushioned footbed, and I know my foot will push it down eventually to make them fit even better. The leather is really soft as well, so I don't feel any issues with the width.
Checking in late here @nick227 . Could you clarify this as I'm interested too. A full size down from what for example? I am a 41 in CP, 9.5 in Nike and NB and wondering if I would be an 8 or 8.5 in these.

troika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Checking in late here @nick227 . Could you clarify this as I'm interested too. A full size down from what for example? I am a 41 in CP, 9.5 in Nike and NB and wondering if I would be an 8 or 8.5 in these.
10.5 is my brannock size, so the size I am for dress shoes that run true to size. This would be most Allen Edmonds. A lot of the most popular Alden make up run a half size large (like those on the Barrie last) in which case I am a 10. For these ALD loafers I am a 9.5, a full size down. My gut tells me they are just tagged in UK sizing from the factory.

I don't think Nike is a good comparison because I think all of their models fit differently. In CP Achilles I am a 43, in modern bballs and others I am a 44. In most NBs I am am 11, and for 1300s I am a 10.5 since they run a bit big.

Hope this helps!

blacklight

Reaction score
Selling a BNWT FW20 Chevron Woolrich puffer in sz M. Too many coats in rotation and never got the chance to wear it.

nick227

Reaction score
Holding off until next year, prices will be below retail

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Holding off until next year, prices will be below retail
Good for you man. Even if that was true (got some stock tips btw?) you're gonna save, what, $6.50 after fees? :-D

nick227

Reaction score
Good for you man. Even if that was true (got some stock tips btw?) you're gonna save, what, $6.50 after fees? :-D
LOL! Didn't mean any hostility in my comment at all to anyone who pre-ordered. I'm in Canada so I'm pretty assured I can get them under retail after our bad duty fees - ALD is charging ~$250USD after everything. Even the most recent 550s (blue/red) were going for ~$50 under landed retail locally in Toronto.

I'm also not sure I'll even want these in 8 months either.. to each their own :-D

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's a lot of duties !

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month