• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ALD has been moving away from retailers. Outside of the 550s, did any retailer even get any stock this season?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
would you consider carrying ALD at NMWA?
Never really thought about it this way. The lack of transparency would bother me more as a retailer than as an occasional consumer. I just don't know it would fulfill the promise we make to our shoppers when they shop with us.

ggss09

Reaction score
ALD has been moving away from retailers. Outside of the 550s, did any retailer even get any stock this season?

My understanding is retailers wont be getting SS21 or FW21 aside from NB collab sneakers

Jonas251

Reaction score
I haven’t seen anything from this season at a retailer

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Timberland collabs also wholesaled

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nb makes some of the most comfortable shoes ever. Although, I'm not super happy with the feel of the 550 specifically (I could have gone up .5 like other people mentioned here). Once the cushioned insole collapses a bit it should fit perfectly though.

Nb has been trending for the last couple of years also, and in turn because Teddy had brought this silhouette back with great success he has become the creative director (?) of New Balance from next year. I assume that the 550 was a major part in him being hired. The general releases seem to be selling out instantly as well, although the colour choices do not come close to the aesthetic ALD applies to the shoe.
Idk... the yellow 550 that released couple weeks ago is really nice. the non ALD versions don't have that pre-aged look, but some of the colorways are still good

the multicolor released today are also pretty good.

11828_Comp_E_Image2.jpg

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
740 please !!

legends-james-worthy.jpg

ggss09

Reaction score
Anyone got recommendations for alternatives to the white ALD Painters Pant? been watching them for a while and haven't seen restocks in my size yet so I'm just going to look for alternatives now

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone got recommendations for alternatives to the white ALD Painters Pant? been watching them for a while and haven't seen restocks in my size yet so I'm just going to look for alternatives now
Dickies?
Stan Ray?

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

18 east and Kapital have done off white/cream painters pants. For 18 east you can call the store and see if they have it or check gr@iled or EBay.

Kapital you could proxy from their webstore unless you find a store that sells it.

ggss09

Reaction score
18 east and Kapital have done off white/cream painters pants. For 18 east you can call the store and see if they have it or check gr@iled or EBay.

Kapital you could proxy from their webstore unless you find a store that sells it.

ill check Kapital, maybe its the way 18 East styles their product but I havent really fallen in love with their product

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dickies pants are too wide for my thin frame and Stan Ray's pants are more of a white than a cream/off white colour
Dickies + tailoring ?

these are off white, no?

ggss09

Reaction score
Dickies + tailoring ?

these are off white, no?

I tailored some Carhartt single knee WIPs before and while they look good I'd prefer something that fits well off the rack. Always find tailoring / tapering never looks as good for these sorts of pants

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads