Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ahhh! Creasing.....(I know it's been asked)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by myztikal47, Apr 20, 2011.

1. myztikal47

myztikal47 Member

I did a search, and it seems like creasing is caused by wrong shoe size and from what people have said on the forum, you can reduce creasing using shoe trees and cream but it will just come back even if it seems to have disappeared. The problem I'm having is creasing on one shoe, I've had these for a few weeks and wear them often, as you can see one shoe looks great, no creasing at all, the other shoe has horrible creasing. They are a pair of To Boot New York shoes. So the question is, is this happening because the leather is bad? I don't think it's a fit issue, but I'm no expert. Thanks in advance for the help!

[​IMG]

2. bjornb17

bjornb17 Senior member

Been there done that. I learned to live with it, happens on all my shoes.

3. myztikal47

myztikal47 Member

Been there done that. I learned to live with it, happens on all my shoes.

Yes, I know, it's unfortunate, in all the other threads they say the only way to prevent creasing is not to wear the shoe lol. But it seems like people in the shoe pr0n thread seem to have non-creased shoes even after wearing them. I'm just disappointed that one of the shoes looks almost perfect while the other one has creased greatly.

4. Barnabus

Barnabus Senior member

I knew some one who used to waddle around with out stepping off on the balls of his feet as he walked in order to try to prevent his shoes from creasing [​IMG]

You can try that.

5. JGloger

JGloger Senior member

I knew some one who used to waddle around with out stepping off on the balls of his feet as he walked in order to try to prevent his shoes from creasing [​IMG]

You can try that.

I will admit that when I first purchased a nice pair of shoes I tried this for about 10 minutes before realizing I was being ridiculous. I like to tell myself that the inevitable creasing builds character [​IMG]

6. Barnabus

Barnabus Senior member

Yeah but he tried to keep this up for months at least you stopped right away [​IMG]

7. mrjames

mrjames Senior member

The problem I'm having is creasing on one shoe
    [/IMG]

This is your leading foot- the one you put your weight on- try this, when you bend down to pick something up and you drop down on one knee, is it usually this shoe that stays flat to the floor (and gets bent)

But it seems like people in the shoe pr0n thread seem to have non-creased shoes even after wearing them.

Bespoke fit
    or after having tried on every last known to man, then selecting the closest match

8. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

It looks like cheap leather exaggerates the inevitable creases.

9. JamesX

JamesX Senior member

Not sure about quality of leather, but the left shoe definite crease oddly because either your instep is too low or the shoe is just over all too large.

Can try using a tongue pad that is the case.

10. 997CTSurg

997CTSurg Alpha-M

[​IMG]

11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

^ HRH seems to have teh sharp corns and hammatoe. [​IMG]

12. myztikal47

myztikal47 Member

Not sure about quality of leather, but the left shoe definite crease oddly because either your instep is too low or the shoe is just over all too large.

Can try using a tongue pad that is the case.

Kind of too late for a tongue pad no? The damage seems to have already been done [​IMG].

13. DWFII

DWFII Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker Dubiously Honored

I did a search, and it seems like creasing is caused by wrong shoe size and from what people have said on the forum, you can reduce creasing using shoe trees and cream but it will just come back even if it seems to have disappeared. The problem I'm having is creasing on one shoe, I've had these for a few weeks and wear them often, as you can see one shoe looks great, no creasing at all, the other shoe has horrible creasing. They are a pair of To Boot New York shoes. So the question is, is this happening because the leather is bad? I don't think it's a fit issue, but I'm no expert. Thanks in advance for the help! [​IMG]
    A diagonal crease like that is often a sign that the foot is too long for the shoe. Many people have one foot that is longer than the other. And often that longer foot is has less substance than the shorter foot. A shoe that is not filled by the foot will tend to crease more. So...you may have one problem compounding the other.

14. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

nah, none of these things.

the shoe leather just sucks.

I've seen this happen plenty of times, usually on $70 sneakers made in china. The creasing will not match because the hides do not match.

15. myztikal47

myztikal47 Member

A diagonal crease like that is often a sign that the foot is too long for the shoe. Many people have one foot that is longer than the other. And often that longer foot is has less substance than the shorter foot. A shoe that is not filled by the foot will tend to crease more.

So...you may have one problem compounding the other.

I'm a bit confused by this, so should I be sizing up? The current shoe is 10.5, I tried on 10 but it was too tight and 11 was too loose.....