• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Aggression at a, bar in a town Down, East .

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two weeks, yesterday having enough but feeling, as I didn;t have many I entered into, a bar on the kabuled streets,of Portland (Maine) quick to ordering, Tanqueray and Kahlua. The man stationed next to me was sharp in, saying that I was not, from around there then asking, where I was from as my response dug dully, as I claimed I was from, Bar Harbor (Maine). He claimed , back at me that he was from, Cambridge (Massachusetts) but did not know, of the shop, Andover after my, insistent inquiry. Soon after, every 30 seconds he, began to lean in aggressively pointing, or asking but mostly, looking me up and down, in hostile fascination of what I, am still in confusion. I remember later that , he did ask me why in, Maine we say we are from, Down East while the rest say, North East but not being from, Maine I didn't know , and just stared at his, hair. After my comment on his, canary yello Polo, he began to foam at me, saying "look the fuck at, you are you, for real? Who the fuck, turns up their jeans?" It was upon this point that, the bartender called the bouncer who, as I continued sipping on, my Tanqueray and , Kahlua while thinking to, order, another, removed this man of aggression, from the stool into the, street. After I looked down, at my 501's which I feel ordered, his defeat .

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gin and coffee flavoured liquor? No.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
With Maine and, the rest (even Cambridge!) we, are too, people separated by, a common language.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geoff Gander
Poetic. Mind if I borrow some of these expressions for some stories I'm working on?

Just know that, tecnincally speaking, Portland is not Down East!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.