• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
about 22. now my beard is almost all gray, white and silver.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don`t worry about the grey hairs on your face. The real shocker comes when you notice the first grey on your pubes.
laugh.gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess it was inevitable that pubic hair would come up in this thread. Still, I was impressed that it went one whole page before we got there.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
My facial hair started going gray about 35-36. Temples a few years later.

Now at 40 (almost 41) going w/o shaving for a few days gives me that Brett Favre look and when I wear a baseball hat, all you see on the sides is white. Thank goodness for visors
smile.gif

dave

Reaction score
I started going grey on my head when I was 16 unfortunately, so it wasn't a surprise when i started finding random greys in the beard in my early 20s.

the good news is I haven't lost any of it!

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My beard went serious grey the one semester I taught six classes on two different campuses. I was only 28 at the time. It's been back to normal since.

However, I have grey hairs on my chest. Like 5 of them. It's kinda weird.

b

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, you know - or probably don't - that graying before age 30 is considered premature. It sometimes has a medical cause, such as disease or nutrient deficiency (stereotypically involving smoking). Eliminate the cause, and you might be able to slow the graying.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mensimagecollector
Guys, you know - or probably don't - that graying before age 30 is considered premature. It sometimes has a medical cause, such as disease or nutrient deficiency (stereotypically involving smoking). Eliminate the cause, and you might be able to slow the graying.

I thought you'd say that a little bit of grey is good for the image. Women love it. And so do men -- look at the cult of Anderson Cooper.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It can be fine for the image, if it matches everything else. Gray hair on a smooth-skinned college student - probably not good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads