• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had more than a few white hairs on my dome for a few years now. I noticed probably 10-15 white hairs in my beard a few weeks ago. I'm 29. How old were you when you first noticed grey in your beard?

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha, I'm 22, and I only just started growing more than one hair on my face at a time.

Anyway, gray hair is teh sex.

Mr T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brad
I've had more than a few white hairs on my dome for a few years now. I noticed probably 10-15 white hairs in my beard a few weeks ago. I'm 29. How old were you when you first noticed grey in your beard?

It was about the same age that I first noticed white in my beard.

I am now 39 and the white in my beard has not spread past my chin. I guess it is too busy finding new areas to grow on my head.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm 40 and my beard is about 90% white. It's gone crazy white over the past few years, but it started around 32 or so.

bullethead

Reaction score
maybe 29 or so. at that point, I was more concerned with my receding hairline.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My grandfather (65) has barely any white/gray hairs on head, though his moustache is almost totally gray.

Luckily for me, the men and women in my family don't have hair loss problems.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a blondie (or was, it seems to be escaping daily) and have started turning white in the beard when I passed the 35 mark, but its less visible due to the blond hair.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Eh, I think this year is the first time I noticed some white hairs on the face. 37.

Have had grey in the hair (what's left of it...) since maybe 30.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
noticed some grey on chin section around 38-39. grey on temples a couple years later.

once the grey gets in the beard i found the italo-3-day growth was no longer a good look. on the other hand, just saw a pix of the police from final concert - sting is doing the full beard (w/tons of grey) & it didn't look bad....

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brad

frown.gif

I started getting a tiny bit of gray in my hair about 18, and about a year ago started getting a little bit of gray in the facial hair.

Oh well. My buddy said that gray hair is teh sex, so I'll trust his judgement.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not going gray, I'm going blonde. OK, OK, my beard has had gray in it for so long, I don't remember when it started. Seriously. it wasn't such a big deal at the time (late 20s-early 30s?).

I was somewhat annoyed when someone recently complimented me on the "highlight" in the front of my hair, though.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I'm 39. My facial hair still grows in all dark. Gray has been creeping in at the temples for years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads