• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Age appropriate streetwear??!?!?

hookhook

Reaction score
So would a mustard yellow cotton sweater count as too bright for someone in their mid 30's? Its an Agnona with an interesting sheen, although not quite mercerized. I love the sweater and often pair it with some KMW 2010's.

surfingmonkey815

Reaction score
what about Steve Alan button ups? Great comfort/fit and you can always stash a tie in your bag in case you need to dress it up for dinner

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Craig is now channeling McQueen. Anyway, the jacket looks similar to the classic Baracuta.
15gcwmf.jpg
4sk1hw.jpg

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
^^ That's a great outfit.

I agree, that's why I posted it. It's kind of how I dress for casual alot of times: boots, khakis or jeans, t shirt or sweater and jacket. Seems like a classic, rugged and casual look.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since we are talking casual. Here's some casual.

5v7hv4.jpg

Belstaff Antique Brown Peacoat
Vanson Model J Belt removed in Octagon Brown
Malo Cashmere Green Scarf
Smedley Green Turtleneck
Big BR Brown Belt
Earnest Sewn Fulton in MD 3d
Panthrella Navy Socks
Prada (omg) Bucke Ankle boots in chestnut Brown

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
So are you wearing..both of those jacket?

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
So are you wearing..both of those jacket?

No, just got the Vanson so I thought I'd take a seperate photo

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
You really have a cgt soph?

Brutus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkennett
I immediately thought of the owner of Abercrombie. 61 years old wearing those ridiculous clothes, and thinking he's "cool". I guess he's rich enough that people are paid to tell him how amazing he is. Read the first paragraph of this though... He sounds like a complete tool.
http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2006/01/24/jeffries/

From the above link:
When the Hollister kids head off to college, Jeffries has a brand -- the preppy and collegiate Abercrombie & Fitch -- waiting for them there. And for the post-college professional who is still young at heart, Jeffries recently launched Ruehl, a casual sportswear line that targets 22- to 35-year-olds.

Doesn't this tell you everything you need to know?

I went in a Ruehl store once. The only difference (from A&F) was that I couldn't hear the music until I got inside.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My stepmother bought a hoodie for my stepbrother from Ruehl. It was hideous, but very warm. Altogether I'd said it weighed 8-10 lbs and was lined with faux fur. The last I heard about it she was trying to sell it on eBay as nobody wanted to wear it.

playdohh22

Reaction score
Now that you brought up the "age appropriate" topic. May someone help me with something ? I was thinking about purchasing a dress overcoat. Would it be appropriate for a high school student to wear it? I won't be wearing a suit under it or anything. Maybe v necks with dress shirt under, would this be a weird look ? Thanks

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^That depends on just how "dressy" the coat is. You'd probably be best off getting something on the more casual side of dressy. Kind of like the things Banana Republic has on their site: semi-dressy, not too long, etc. If the coat fits you'd be fine wearing a collared shirt underneath it. Just not a t-shirt.

Someone else might be able to direct you to where to get something like this. It might be difficult to find since it's kind of out of season now.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1969
I'll bite; what's a "Capsule"? And do I need to size down 1?
hehe, clever. nah, a capsule wardrobe is basically the most pared down wardrobe that is stripped to the bare essentials. Basically a wardrobe you'd be able to fit into a suitcase (more or less), consisting of pieces that would go well with each other and appropriate for any occasion. edit: Craig channeling McQueen looks excellent. Daniel Craig's always been one of my style inspirations....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads