• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AG raw denim...

lifersfc

Reaction score
I stopped in the AG jeans store the other day. They have a new cut called the Protoge, which is like a thin straight leg (liked it alot). Anyway, the salesperson showed me a pair of what he called "one-wash raw denim". They were not stiff like the raw denim that is discussed on this board, but were dark indigo color. Anyone have any experience with AG raw jeans? I like this particular cut but I'm wondering how they will wear.

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lifersfc
I stopped in the AG jeans store the other day. They have a new cut called the Protoge, which is like a thin straight leg (liked it alot). Anyway, the salesperson showed me a pair of what he called "one-wash raw denim". They were not stiff like the raw denim that is discussed on this board, but were dark indigo color. Anyone have any experience with AG raw jeans? I like this particular cut but I'm wondering how they will wear.

The store in SoHo? i went in there not so long ago and when I asked for, and then explained what, raw denim is - I was shown nothing close to what I'd consider raw (or even 1 wash). Maybe they are new, I dunno. I wasn't very impressed with their jeans on a whole though.

lifersfc

Reaction score
This was the store on Newbury St. in Boston. I don't have much experience with raw denim, but these jeans were definitely not a typical wash. The salesperson informed me that they should be washed cold inside-out and would shrink significantly so I should get one size up. He also gave me the impression that these were relatively new (the protege cut is only sold in AG boutiques, not department stores). It is possible that I'm clueless and these were not actually raw denim (I'm a denim noobie), but they certainly seemed raw.

As an aside, I know some people may or may not like AG jeans. That is really beside the point--I have a rather athletic/muscular frame and most typical brands do not fit me very well. I also like the fact that they are not widely known or worn.

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lifersfc
This was the store on Newbury St. in Boston. I don't have much experience with raw denim, but these jeans were definitely not a typical wash. The salesperson informed me that they should be washed cold inside-out and would shrink significantly so I should get one size up. He also gave me the impression that these were relatively new (the protege cut is only sold in AG boutiques, not department stores). It is possible that I'm clueless and these were not actually raw denim (I'm a denim noobie), but they certainly seemed raw.

As an aside, I know some people may or may not like AG jeans. That is really beside the point--I have a rather athletic/muscular frame and most typical brands do not fit me very well. I also like the fact that they are not widely known or worn.

I'm gonna go by there today and ask for them by name. How much were they?

lifersfc

Reaction score
Can't recall for sure. I think they were $156 or $162--definitely in that range.

lifersfc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoMak_NYC
I'm gonna go by there today and ask for them by name. How much were they?

Did you happen to stop by?

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I saw these on the revolve site. The cut looks really good IMO, kind of a relaxed straight cut. I can't vouch for the quality or rawness of the denim. I'd like to see them in person. The cut looks very flattering. If only they'd drop the goofy pocket swirl stitching.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads