• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AG Men's Fillmore > Paper Denim

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have about 4 pairs in varying colors and designs. The material is much more comfortable than Paper Denim ( I had 4 pairs) I'm kind of shocked people think so much of Paper Denim over AG's. Also Women really compliment the clean, unobtrusive, understated nicely cut look that pairs well with jackets/shirts/ etc. and a nice pair of ankle boots. AG's should get more respect.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
I have about 4 pairs in varying colors and designs. The material is much more comfortable than Paper Denim ( I had 4 pairs) I'm kind of shocked people think so much of Paper Denim over AG's. Also Women really compliment the clean, unobtrusive, understated nicely cut look that pairs well with jackets/shirts/ etc. and a nice pair of ankle boots. AG's should get more respect.

I was impressed with the early washes and cuts Paper Denim put out Not so much these days. These days, it puts out mediocre jeans, at best. On the other hand, Earnest Sewn is still doing a good job (although I wish that they would use heavier denim, but that's just me.)

AG washes,cuts, and details have just never impressed me. The uninspired backpocket design is, for me, symbolic of the general lack of imagination I see in that line. And Adriano Goldschmidt's newer Goldsign line is no better, I feel. On the other hand, although not really among my favorites, Diesel keeps coming out with good product.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't been overly impressed with the latest from PDC. My one pair of AG Fillmores is in my rotation, and is a nice pair of jeans, soft, comfortable, and clean looking but it's more of a pair I use when I want to feel nondescript.

tangerine

Reaction score
I have one pair of each. My PDCs are old ones, and are Japanese ringring denim; they are very soft and comfortable, and have a beautifully variegated appearance. The denim is pretty lightweight, but still impressive and they have worn well. The wash is also one of the better ones I've seen. (GTS Metro 2 year.)

The AG Fillmores are nice too but I haven't worn them in a while. The denim and the wash are nice, but the denim quality is not anywhere near the quality of old PDC. I can't say about new PDC because I haven't looked at any.

pacioli

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
On the other hand, although not really among my favorites, Diesel keeps coming out with good product.

Don't mean to drive the conversation off topic but I am glad you said that. Many denim enthusiasts shun Diesel for being too mainstream and outputting crap. But I feel that although their raw materials don't match up to some of the amazing stuff used by Rag & Bone, Samurai, PBJ, etc. Diesel excels at cut and wash (especially when they don't try to mimic vintage wear). Some of the construction on their Diesel Denim Gallery goods are really fun to look at.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think Diesel has been fairly consistent in their products. The main issue I have with them is that the offerings I've seen from them use a coarser denim that seems very difficult to break in but I doubt alot of people here would have an issue with that. I guess I prefer my jeans to be more comfortable sooner, more ready to wear, if you will.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sold all my Diesel as I feel AG makes a better, understated adult/man's cut and the fabric is much more soft and comfortable. So for me the fillmore exceeds PDC and D jeans and the women really do like them on men, no bs.

Disclaimer: AG pays me nothing
wink.gif

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really loved my Fillmores in a classic, restrained wash (froget the name) for a while. They fit really well and always garnered me compliments. Pity the denim is really weak and uninteresting. GOod for the summer, though.

esspee1200

Reaction score
Agree. AG > PD

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads