1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

AG Men's Fillmore > Paper Denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Soph, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Soph

Soph Senior member

I have about 4 pairs in varying colors and designs. The material is much more comfortable than Paper Denim ( I had 4 pairs) I'm kind of shocked people think so much of Paper Denim over AG's. Also Women really compliment the clean, unobtrusive, understated nicely cut look that pairs well with jackets/shirts/ etc. and a nice pair of ankle boots. AG's should get more respect.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I have about 4 pairs in varying colors and designs. The material is much more comfortable than Paper Denim ( I had 4 pairs) I'm kind of shocked people think so much of Paper Denim over AG's. Also Women really compliment the clean, unobtrusive, understated nicely cut look that pairs well with jackets/shirts/ etc. and a nice pair of ankle boots. AG's should get more respect.

I was impressed with the early washes and cuts Paper Denim put out Not so much these days. These days, it puts out mediocre jeans, at best. On the other hand, Earnest Sewn is still doing a good job (although I wish that they would use heavier denim, but that's just me.)

AG washes,cuts, and details have just never impressed me. The uninspired backpocket design is, for me, symbolic of the general lack of imagination I see in that line. And Adriano Goldschmidt's newer Goldsign line is no better, I feel. On the other hand, although not really among my favorites, Diesel keeps coming out with good product.

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I haven't been overly impressed with the latest from PDC. My one pair of AG Fillmores is in my rotation, and is a nice pair of jeans, soft, comfortable, and clean looking but it's more of a pair I use when I want to feel nondescript.

4. tangerine

tangerine Senior member

I have one pair of each. My PDCs are old ones, and are Japanese ringring denim; they are very soft and comfortable, and have a beautifully variegated appearance. The denim is pretty lightweight, but still impressive and they have worn well. The wash is also one of the better ones I've seen. (GTS Metro 2 year.)

The AG Fillmores are nice too but I haven't worn them in a while. The denim and the wash are nice, but the denim quality is not anywhere near the quality of old PDC. I can't say about new PDC because I haven't looked at any.

5. pacioli

pacioli Well-Known Member

On the other hand, although not really among my favorites, Diesel keeps coming out with good product.

Don't mean to drive the conversation off topic but I am glad you said that. Many denim enthusiasts shun Diesel for being too mainstream and outputting crap. But I feel that although their raw materials don't match up to some of the amazing stuff used by Rag & Bone, Samurai, PBJ, etc. Diesel excels at cut and wash (especially when they don't try to mimic vintage wear). Some of the construction on their Diesel Denim Gallery goods are really fun to look at.

6. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I think Diesel has been fairly consistent in their products. The main issue I have with them is that the offerings I've seen from them use a coarser denim that seems very difficult to break in but I doubt alot of people here would have an issue with that. I guess I prefer my jeans to be more comfortable sooner, more ready to wear, if you will.

7. Soph

Soph Senior member

I sold all my Diesel as I feel AG makes a better, understated adult/man's cut and the fabric is much more soft and comfortable. So for me the fillmore exceeds PDC and D jeans and the women really do like them on men, no bs.

Disclaimer: AG pays me nothing[​IMG]

8. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

I really loved my Fillmores in a classic, restrained wash (froget the name) for a while. They fit really well and always garnered me compliments. Pity the denim is really weak and uninteresting. GOod for the summer, though.

9. esspee1200

esspee1200 Well-Known Member

10. Poomba

Poomba Senior member

fucking bump from hell jackass

11. Smells Like Poor

Smells Like Poor Senior member

Christ, this is over two years old.