• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

After one year on SF, my shoes...

marin

Reaction score
Thanks to Google, I found SF when I had a couple of random questions about clothing. I began reading the forum daily and learned quickly. Yes, Goodyear welt was not some sort of odd skin affliction caused by a tire, but the preferred method of shoe construction. However, I unwittingly fell into... the shoe trap! No longer could I be satisfied with my Ferragamo Studio line shoes. I began my quest to build a proper shoe wardrobe, and here it is:
IMG_1470.jpg
Top Row(L to R) C&J for PRL Tellman Trickers Paisley Grenson Radley C&J Westminster Branchini Calzoleria Middle Row C&J for PRL Tellman AS for TRL Paraboot Vigny Ferragamo Giro Sutor Mantellassi Bottom Row Borgioli penny loafers AS cap-toes Martegani double monks AS apron derbies

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice haul.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
14 dress shoes in one year? Damn! I am sooooooooooo small time...
laugh.gif

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Looks like 2010 should be the year of the boot.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's much to like, but no suede in your collection yet.

I'm just giving you something to shoot for in 2010.
devil.gif

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice collection. Would be nicer if you can put their names/models to the first post.

phillyesq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggskip
There's much to like, but no suede in your collection yet.

I'm just giving you something to shoot for in 2010.
devil.gif

Great collection, but I agree, I'd look to add some suede this year.

marin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
Nice collection. Would be nicer if you can put their names/models to the first post.

Done -- thank you for the suggestion

...and thanks to everyone for their kind comments and suggestions! Apparently, I need to start hunting for some suede shoes
devil.gif

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
worship.gif
I bought two pairs of shoes in my first year.

Yes, suedes and a patent leather pair for (semi)formalwear.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice stuff, you've done a good job of pulling together a diverse and very wearable shoe collection that covers most of the bases. Yes, suede should be next, and potentially a boot or two.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Nice stuff, you've done a good job of pulling together a diverse and very wearable shoe collection that covers most of the bases. Yes, suede should be next, and potentially a boot or two.

+1, nicely done.

Pengranger

Reaction score
A great start, and more than one pair a month! You do know that it only gets worse from here.

You'll tell yourself in another six months "I don't need another pair of shoes", it just then becomes "I want another pair of shoes"... Google has got a lot to blame...
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads