• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

After one year on SF, my shoes...

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always wonder what last AS used for that. My BB half brogues (one suede, one black) don't look as nice.

Originally Posted by Bellison
The AS for TRL is probably the most elegant shoe.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by marin
Actually, my fear is that the SF influence will drive me to try EG, JL or a MTO and I'll find myself swapping everything out.
lol8[1].gif

i guarantee this will happen - it's only a matter of time. unless you clear your cache and get a hypnotist to make you forget SF

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It starts innocently enough: "yeah, think I'll just pick up a couple pair of these Tramezza's, on sale of course, and maybe a pair or two of AS's, cause they're reasonably priced and I can definitely use 'em during the work week". Then it's "ah, just another pair of C&J's cause they're so purdy and they're a great value!". Then it's just that 'one pair of Edward Greens during their annual sale' even though your landlord's been leaving messages 2x daily, and you're "recycling" those pampers for your 1 yr old daughter. At this point you've got Anthony Delos, Tony Gaziano, and Gabor Halmos on speed dial, and you find yourself waking in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, mouthing the words "Vass, Lobb & Green, Vass, Lobb & Green..." Eventually, you end up on the XBronx Expressway, or Alewife Parkway, or popular thruway of your choice, holding a sign reading "will work for Cleverlys, Ed Greens, or Vass PTB's", homeless, alone, but carrying a duffle bag full of very impressive shoes, sans boxes of course (Bigbris will have seen to that). So it goes. Welcome to Style Forum.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, basically you gotta stop hitting websites showing beautiful shoes all the time. i'll prob get bored of the site in 3-6 months. but i'll prob keep buying A+ shoes on an as needed basis.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie
yeah, basically you gotta stop hitting websites showing beautiful shoes all the time.
... and SF, too.
laugh.gif

dv_indian

Reaction score
Congrats on building up a nice collection. I had only watch addiction prior to discovering SF. Now I have shirt, cuff link, suit, sport coat, and shoe addiction!

Schorsch

Reaction score
Jeez, I've been on here for a bit now, lurking for longer, and all I've acquired is about six pairs of thrifted AEs and Florsheims. I've learned what to look for, but now I'm glad I don't have that pesky surplus income you gents are always trying so hard to rid yourselves of.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you get the Paraboots from Daniel Taylor in Houston? How do you like them? I picked up a pair but haven't had a chance to work them into the rotation yet.

marin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by UnFacconable
Did you get the Paraboots from Daniel Taylor in Houston? How do you like them? I picked up a pair but haven't had a chance to work them into the rotation yet.

Yes (thanks to AlwaysDressed for the tip!), and they're excellent shoes. Although I've only worn them once, they are very comfortable. I'm looking forward to wearing them for a long time.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember when I found this forum, then bought who knows how many pairs of shoes so I could make a "my collection" thread with pics.

If you're anything like me you'll eventually thin the herd for a few high quality pairs with hand finishing.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
I remember when I found this forum, then bought who knows how many pairs of shoes so I could make a "my collection" thread with pics.

If you're anything like me you'll eventually thin the herd for a few high quality pairs with hand finishing.

Define "few."

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reserved for tassels, a chukka, pennystrap, etc.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AJL
It starts innocently enough: "yeah, think I'll just pick up a couple pair of these Tramezza's, on sale of course, and maybe a pair or two of AS's, cause they're reasonably priced and I can definitely use 'em during the work week". Then it's "ah, just another pair of C&J's cause they're so purdy and they're a great value!". Then it's just that 'one pair of Edward Greens during their annual sale' even though your landlord's been leaving messages 2x daily, and you're "recycling" those pampers for your 1 yr old daughter. At this point you've got Anthony Delos, Tony Gaziano, and Gabor Halmos on speed dial, and you find yourself waking in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, mouthing the words "Vass, Lobb & Green, Vass, Lobb & Green..." Eventually, you end up on the XBronx Expressway, or Alewife Parkway, or popular thruway of your choice, holding a sign reading "will work for Cleverlys, Ed Greens, or Vass PTB's", homeless, alone, but carrying a duffle bag full of very impressive shoes, sans boxes of course (Bigbris will have seen to that). So it goes. Welcome to Style Forum.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads