1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

After how many dates should you let a girl pay for (half or all of) a date?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by merkur, May 26, 2011.

1. scarphe

scarphe Senior member

^How many second dates have you experienced?

if everything goes well are not alot of first dates better.[​IMG]

2. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

who goes on dates? and who is ashamed to let a girl pay for you? Is this the 1950's?
    This.
    Hmm well there are some people that are very close to me and broke so they know I'll pay for everything but we don't discuss it and I know they aren't leeching, however in general it doesn't mean I necessarily pay just that I don't want to start a discussion on it just get it done quickly and quietly.
    Yeah, this is pretty much it. I've been in both situations (broke and payer) and you pretty much know what to expect going in. I don't mind splitting in principle but only if people just fucking throw in and call it good. Nothing worse than a bunch of people trying to figure out what each person's share is. Of course it's a lot easier to be free with your money when you have plenty of it. The real awkward situation is when you're free with someone's money assuming they have plenty of it and they don't.

3. misnomer

misnomer Well-Known Member

I'm happy to pay for the pabst

4. misnomer

misnomer Well-Known Member

Also I agree, I hate the chip-in. I'll usually throw down the last few bucks so that we don't have to dissect the money and find out who's not paying enough.

5. xstarbursts

xstarbursts New Member

I have no problem switching off or splitting the bill once it's past the third or fourth date. Before that, I feel like the guy should pay. I keep the dates simple (coffee, snack, cheap dinner) so I don't understand why most men I date expect me to split beginning the first date. I feel like I'm striking a financial deal, not on a date. I don't know how else to feel about this.

6. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Nice necrobump. I had a pretty good post here if I do say so myself.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  7. xstarbursts

xstarbursts New Member

This is what happens when you consider not meeting with a guy again because he texts you beforehand letting you know you're going to need $10 for the date -You end up on google and bump random threads. He isn't poor; he makes at least six figures.

8. Harold falcon

He might make six figures, but if he insists on splitting the bill with you then he'll eventually cheat on you. Sure, you might pop out a kid in the meantime and get child support for 18 years, but he'll keep on impregnating others so your support will be reduced by the two or three other kids he has to support. Suddenly that six figure salary is only supporting you in a trailer in south Jersey.

Make better choices.

9. xstarbursts

xstarbursts New Member

I don't know whether to take your post seriously or not. Haha, I'm so confused. I also have a career and it's not like I can't afford the $10 or the footing the entire bill. I promise I'm not being cheap/stingy. It's just that I feel it's more like a financial deal or a friendship when we're paying for own coffee. Again, I don't mind paying, but only after a few dates in... not the first couple of (cheap) dates. Am I wrong and do I need to just suck it up?

10. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Definitely exit..stage left!

11. Harold falcon

12. xstarbursts

xstarbursts New Member

Duplicate post.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  13. CentralParkMan

CentralParkMan Well-Known Member

I can afford to pay, so I do. No point over analyzing or complicating things. My grandfather had a huge impact on me growing up, everytime we went to dinner, no matter how big the party was he would discreetly pay for everyone, male and female before the night was over. I don't think people should make a huge fuss over paying but that's just my opinion, each to their own.

14. belizblitz

belizblitz Member

wow your grandad sounds awesome! That said, I would pay 80% of the time, sometimes i would test to see if she would offer, but i wouldn't let her anyway