• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Afghan Whigs reuniting!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
God I loved "Gentlemen". "Black Love", not so much...but I didn't give it much of a chance either.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Black Love is where I started with them. I hated it at first....then every time after the first that I listened to it, it grew on my more and more. This band's lyrics just can't be beat, straight to the soul.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is great news music lovers!!! one of my all time favorite concert going moments was seeing them live at a small bar on the SDSU campus. at one point during the show, Greg Dulli breaks into this impromptu version of The Divinyl's "I Touch Myself". damn i wish i had that on tape.

Afghan Whigs freakin' rule!

-Jeff

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the "twilight singers" like?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They have a myspace page with a few songs. Really, I think if the Afghan Whigs wouldn't have broken up, they'd sound like Twilight Singers today anyway, if they would have progressed with the sound they went for in 1965. One reason I'm interesting in hearing a new Whigs album, to see what it's like.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
didn't want to create a new thread to state the obvious. the Afghan Whigs ******* rule. drowning my sorrows in a bottle of Bordeaux and some Afghan Whigs tonight.

"...better get myself a drink/better get a couple so i can look you straight in the face/ tell you that i think of you/almost as much as you think of you..." -Dulli

-Jeff

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great to see Whigs fans, awesome.

jungleline

Reaction score
Gentlemen is one of my favorite albums. For some odd reason, I never checked out any of their other stuff. What's their next best album?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like Black Love.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"So understand
Now that I come to you
To understand my little self
To understand my little self

And baby you be sweet
Be sweet, be sweet, be sweet"

why this band never became bigger than God, i'll never understand...

-Jeff

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jungleline
Gentlemen is one of my favorite albums. For some odd reason, I never checked out any of their other stuff. What's their next best album?

Black Love maybe? if you can find the boot (at least i don't think it was an official album), Alive and Well, i'd go for that next.

-Jeff

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Congregation or Black Love....I can't answer which is better because my preference still changes daily. 1965 too.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"I should have seen the **** coming down the hall/Every night I spent in that bed with your face in the wall/If I could have only once heard you scream/To feel you were alive instead of watching you abandon me yourself."

Because breaking up is hard to do and I've had too much to drink tonight. Greg Dulli is my hero.

-Jeff

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads