• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Affordable Whey Protein?

gatorbite35

Reaction score
I used to get EAS whey protein 5lbs for like 30 dollars from sams club. However, I know longer go to Sam's club and I can't find whey protein for that price anywhere else.

I'm not looking for anything fancy, just something that is reputable and will get the job done. I'll think about the pricier proteins when I can afford it and when I get to a certain level.

So basically I'm asking, Can you guys direct me to sites where I can get decent whey protein(5lbs) for cheap? Preferably less than 30 dollars per 5lbs.
Feel free to PM if you have to...
Thanks!

stormin10

Reaction score
Idk about the price point but I know Isopure is what I use now and I have tried Way to many types... It has the perfect ratio of carbs to protein though and I believe its like 35g per serving with like 180 or so calories. You should try it, you can get it in small and large sizes.

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woah $6/lb. My mom works at a dairy wholesaler I use 100 lb bags of whey as free fertilizer

stormin10

Reaction score
Yeah, they throw some "proprietary" ingredients and an intense name and charge like $35+ a bag...

chu

Reaction score

Last edited:

stormin10

Reaction score

I know Costco sells muscle milk brand, it was either 6 or 10lb bag for $25.

I would stay away from muscle milk products at all costs... IMO some of the worst stuff you can get, if you actually read the label on the stuff It has a crazy amount of calories, carbs, and a lot of fat. If you are just trying to gain mass then use it but if you are trying to gain lean muscle mass I would look for one without all the extra stuff (fat, carbs, etc.) and get one with a protein to calorie ratio of around 1 to 4.

chu

Reaction score

Last edited:

D Yizz

Reaction score

I would stay away from muscle milk products at all costs... IMO some of the worst stuff you can get, if you actually read the label on the stuff It has a crazy amount of calories, carbs, and a lot of fat. If you are just trying to gain mass then use it but if you are trying to gain lean muscle mass I would look for one without all the extra stuff (fat, carbs, etc.) and get one with a protein to calorie ratio of around 1 to 4.

Not true regarding the whey they sell at Costco. I've been using it for quite some time as my "basic" protein. (I also use Dymatize XE) It has almost no carbs and no sugar. The calories are almost exclusively from the protein itself.

Its this one:

They have it in chocolate and vanilla and tastes and feels better that ON's whey.

Last edited:

arevalo

Reaction score
myofusion - probably the best tasting in water
trutein - best blend IMO
scivation - good if you're looking for protein with basically no carbs

Sirmazing

Reaction score
Can't beat the Fortress Protein brand at Wal-mart

2lbs for $15

140 calories

26g of protein a scoop

1g of sugar

4g of carbs

EAS Brands are Loaded with Sugar..

mayborne

Reaction score
Not true regarding the whey they sell at Costco. I've been using it for quite some time as my "basic" protein. (I also use Dymatize XE) It has almost no carbs and no sugar. The calories are almost exclusively from the protein itself.
Its this one:

They have it in chocolate and vanilla and tastes and feels better that ON's whey.

thanks for the tip i was planning to et a bag of ON. will see if i can find this brand.

apz06

Reaction score
Optimum Nutrition 100% gold standard. $45 for 5lbs. Taste pretty good, has high quality whey isolate in it along with bcaa's. 1 scoop - 24g protein, 120 calories, 1g fat, 3g carbs. . good stuff

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads