• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Affordable Slim Fit Shirts

entice

Reaction score
What are some affordable brands that makes slimmer fitting shirts for work clothes and for casual wear? I see a lot of Prada, Polo Custom Fit but all these shirts costs 100$+ a shirt which is out of my budget. Anyone know of shirts that are affordable (less than 75?). Express used to make these solid color shirts that fitted pretty good but they dont seem to make them anymore.

SanDiegoFan

Reaction score
I tried on the J. Crew washed shirts based on a recommendation, they fit well.
I did not purchase any of the shirts; I can not attest to the durability of the cloth or the construction.

SDF

dinted voice

Reaction score
Did you not see the pinned topic at the top of the forum? The Definitive Slim Shirt Guide. You didn't even have to search!

flipside

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinted voice
Did you not see the pinned topic at the top of the forum? The Definitive Slim Shirt Guide. You didn't even have to search!

wow.. thanks and to the ts for making the thread

uirugger

Reaction score
I just received mine from www.tailorstore.com and I thought it fit nicely. Of course I'm new to all of this so not sure how my standards measure up to yours.

entice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinted voice

Did you not see this topic's title at the top of this thread? I am asking about AFFORDABLE slim fit shirts, the pinned slim shirt guide is too broad and includes a bunch of expensive designer shirts costing upwards of 100$ a shirt which to me is not affordable.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
another option is Ben Sherman shirts in the SoHo fit. It's really slim, but proportioned well so not tight around the neck or shoulder to get a good chest/torso fit.

I have a few in short and long sleeve, the most expensive was $91

i'm actually wearing one today in SW&D waywt thread (short sleeve, green and black striped)

if you want it less fitted but still fitted, the Mod Fit shirts are slightly roomier thru the torso

mzeasy

Reaction score
Club Monaco makes the best fit that I have tried so far (I don't try anything above $100). Their slim-fits are around $70-90 usually, but they go on sale occasionally for as low as $30.

mtmindc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
another option is Ben Sherman shirts in the SoHo fit. It's really slim, but proportioned well so not tight around the neck or shoulder to get a good chest/torso fit.

I have a few in short and long sleeve, the most expensive was $91

i'm actually wearing one today in SW&D waywt thread (short sleeve, green and black striped)

if you want it less fitted but still fitted, the Mod Fit shirts are slightly roomier thru the torso

GS: Do you know how the sleeve lengths are on the Ben Sherman long-sleeve shirts? Are they true-to-size otherwise (size M = 15-15.5 collar, 38-40 chest)?

modagg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by entice
Did you not see this topic's title at the top of this thread? I am asking about AFFORDABLE slim fit shirts, the pinned slim shirt guide is too broad and includes a bunch of expensive designer shirts costing upwards of 100$ a shirt which to me is not affordable.

We cannot help those who are unwilling to help themselves. Do your own research and maybe someone will be inclined to help after you have put in some effort.

finch

Reaction score
Beat me to it! Club Monaco shirts also fit me really well, can't complain about the quality either. With new lines every eight weeks or so good deals are always to be had. I just purchased a slim fitting button down over the weekend for $29 -- Regular $99
Originally Posted by mzeasy
Club Monaco makes the best fit that I have tried so far (I don't try anything above $100). Their slim-fits are around $70-90 usually, but they go on sale occasionally for as low as $30.

Saint Ex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SanDiegoFan
I tried on the J. Crew washed shirts based on a recommendation, they fit well.
I did not purchase any of the shirts; I can not attest to the durability of the cloth or the construction.

SDF

I agree, most of my slim fit shirts are from J.Crew, they have a very slim cut and are made with 2 ply cotton, which is not the case for its competitors in the same range of price. I personally love the washed finishing which gives a peach feeling on it. They make a good shirts for casual wear. J.crew released new shirts in Thomas Mason fabric, but a little over-priced in my opinion. Durability seems good so far, the oldest one I have has now a year and I don't see any wear and tear.

I'll order some of their oxford shirts, I hope they will have the same slim fit cut as the washed ones because this time I won't be able to try it in store..

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mtmindc
GS: Do you know how the sleeve lengths are on the Ben Sherman long-sleeve shirts? Are they true-to-size otherwise (size M = 15-15.5 collar, 38-40 chest)?
the SoHo fit M shirt seems about 15.5 at the neck, sleeve is probably a 34, fits a 38 chest perfect. It measures 18.5" across the stomach most shirts that are called slimfit... Jcrew, BananaR, ClubMonaco etc...dont really seem that slim to me and still needs to be taken in at the body (size Smalls are 20" across stomach in comparison)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads