• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Affordable, Quality minimalist T-shirts...

ALFAMALE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like to wear nice quality fitted tees(mostly solid color a/x, if that counts as good quality), but I don't like broad random designs, or brand names written all over; I prefer solid colors, sometimes conservative patterns. Most of the time, I think I find some awesome tees, and then there is a bunch of brand whore **** all over the back.

Please post brands that come to mind...

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
T-shirts are one of those things you have to buy and wash to see if they fit you. What's your height/chest/waist?

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
American Apparel is good. I know they have their detractors but for the price the fit is generally pretty good. They shrink lengthwise a lot, though.

Alternative Apparel is better quality but overpriced for t-shirts and similar items imo.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the weight and feel of Corpus tshirts.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

coco2010

Reaction score
Lucky Brand make (or used to) good tee's. I own a few plain ones and they're still just as soft when I bought em. Very minimal shrinkage, if any, didnt fade all that much either. They were quite pricey - about 20-$25 a pop.

leeFX

Reaction score
Hate GAP for anything more than basics like t-shirts and dress pants... but I love their line of "Best XXX Ever" for undershirts or lounge shirts.

I have every color in the rainbow of their "Best Crewneck Ever" shirts and quite a few different colors in the "Best V-neck Ever." They're soft, durable (had a few for a couple years, no fading/holes/etc), and fit me well.

Plus, you can find them CHEAP on sale. I'm talking $3-$6 a piece or less. I just bought dark teal, light baby blue, salmon-ish, and purple crew/v-necks for $15, including tax.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
check out calvin klein in any tjmaxx, filene's basement, etc. i think i kind of prefer them to hanes. hanes sleeves are a little too loose

imo uniqlo is a bit too boxy and short. same with muji. and h&m v-necks are way too sheer. same with urban outfitters.

jimmyfingers

Reaction score
Gap really has some decent quality t shirts that can be had for dirt cheap.

I buy a ton of t shirts and have found these to be the best bang for the buck.

ice86x

Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
check out calvin klein in any tjmaxx, filene's basement, etc. i think i kind of prefer them to hanes. hanes sleeves are a little too loose

imo uniqlo is a bit too boxy and short. same with muji. and h&m v-necks are way too sheer. same with urban outfitters.

UO plain t-shirts used to be good quality. I have some from YEARS ago that still fit me perfectly and they're my favorite t-shirts. The ones they sell now are really thin, lightweight, and poor quality IMO.. what a shame

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads