1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Affordable custom dress shirts in NYC?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by akwit, Mar 11, 2012.

1. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

+1. Cego is great. If you can't afford Cego ( and many people can't), try on a lot of RTW shirts and find something that works for you now.

2. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Well, if you want alternative you could always buy RTW on sale, then alter it, are you super hard to fit?

3. HRH Demetri

HRH Demetri Member

Obaid Captain
    See my posts on Page 1 for the online shirt makers that I have used with great success. The best balance for me based on quality and materials price point is "PROPER CLOTH".
    They have great customer service based on my experience and the quickest delivery to boot about 2-3 weeks. SO try them first, read there ordering criteria, pick a not to expensive
    material as a first shirt, order it, wait for it to come back to you, try on for fit, comfort and custom details if requested. If the shirt is not to your liking make notes of points that you want
    corrected, tell them about it.Confirm with them and order a second shirt taking these corrections or additions into consideration. You will them be on your way to a masterful fit to please you.
    Look no one said it will be easy the first time around but you will get the quality & fit that you desire sooner than later. Either go online or visit their showroom. Good Luck let us know how you made out.

4. comrade

comrade Senior member

Exactly!!. Unless you have very special fit problems, low end "custom shirts" are
    rarely the quality of high-end RTW shirts. Especially in New York, you have the best selection of
    fine RTW shirts in the Western Hemisphere, eg. Bergdorf, Barney's, Paul Stuart, Turnbull and Asser,
    De Corato, Herzfeld, Saks Fifth Ave, Kiton, Jay Kos, Massimo Bizzocchi, even Bloomingdales- the list
    goes on. Get a good alterations tailor- shirts are easy to alter, and go to the sales.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  5. archetypal_yuppie

archetypal_yuppie Senior member

I have no qualms with the rest of your post, and moreover I believe any man should be able to run his business as he wants and charge whatever he likes.

But no one forced you to buy 2 pairs of socks for $80, did they? :)

I draw the line at about $15-20 for wool socks (on sale at BB), but I guess fashion/presentation if more important for you given your line of work.