• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Affordable chukkas - Bexley, Herring, Velasca, etc - experiences/recommendations

evac

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm planning on picking up a pair of suede chukkas for fall/winter. I'm a university student, and therefore I do not have a big budget, and considering I will mostly be using the shoes as beaters for school/town, I do not want to invest that much.

I've had a look at Bexley, Herring and Velasca - all of them providing affordable and clean chukkas. I've also checked out Meermin, but they are a bit more expensive considering the shipping comes at 20 euros.

I am hoping to get a pair of chukkas that will hold up for a few years of use. These are the brands in the price category that I have checked out, and where I have found chukka models that I like. Do any of you have experience with these brands or other brands in the same price range - quality, how they hold up?

All answers are appreciated.

lodiha

Reaction score
I would recommend my very recent acquisition - Loake Haydock. They are often on sale (~ 125 GBP) at Herringshoes. You wont make a mistake with Loake Kempton either.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 58 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 111 33.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 101 30.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.8%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 3.9%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.1%