Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Affordable chukkas - Bexley, Herring, Velasca, etc - experiences/recommendations

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by evac, Sep 27, 2015.

1. evac

evac Member

Hello!

I'm planning on picking up a pair of suede chukkas for fall/winter. I'm a university student, and therefore I do not have a big budget, and considering I will mostly be using the shoes as beaters for school/town, I do not want to invest that much.

I've had a look at Bexley, Herring and Velasca - all of them providing affordable and clean chukkas. I've also checked out Meermin, but they are a bit more expensive considering the shipping comes at 20 euros.

I am hoping to get a pair of chukkas that will hold up for a few years of use. These are the brands in the price category that I have checked out, and where I have found chukka models that I like. Do any of you have experience with these brands or other brands in the same price range - quality, how they hold up?

All answers are appreciated.

2. fxsandman

fxsandman Member

3. lodiha

lodiha Member

I would recommend my very recent acquisition - Loake Haydock. They are often on sale (~ 125 GBP) at Herringshoes. You wont make a mistake with Loake Kempton either.