Affordable chukkas - Bexley, Herring, Velasca, etc - experiences/recommendations

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by evac, Sep 27, 2015.

1. evac

evac Member

Hello!

I'm planning on picking up a pair of suede chukkas for fall/winter. I'm a university student, and therefore I do not have a big budget, and considering I will mostly be using the shoes as beaters for school/town, I do not want to invest that much.

I've had a look at Bexley, Herring and Velasca - all of them providing affordable and clean chukkas. I've also checked out Meermin, but they are a bit more expensive considering the shipping comes at 20 euros.

I am hoping to get a pair of chukkas that will hold up for a few years of use. These are the brands in the price category that I have checked out, and where I have found chukka models that I like. Do any of you have experience with these brands or other brands in the same price range - quality, how they hold up?

All answers are appreciated.

2. fxsandman

fxsandman Member

3. lodiha

lodiha New Member

I would recommend my very recent acquisition - Loake Haydock. They are often on sale (~ 125 GBP) at Herringshoes. You wont make a mistake with Loake Kempton either.