• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Affordable alternative to Fiorentini + Baker oxfords?

rilian

Reaction score
I'm quite in love with Fiorentini + Baker's range of shoes. I've been lusting after the Hive lace-up oxford for some time:

http://www.gimmeshoes.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=625

Unfortunately, $428 is a bit out of my current price range. Does anyone know of more affordable alternatives?

What I like about Fiorentini + Baker oxfords are the overall shape, simplicity, and the somewhat distressed leather. I work in a casual environment, so a high-gloss shoe is not really appropriate. Problem is, all the oxfords I see online at Kenneth Cole and Allen Edmonds are all so shiny!

Any suggestions? Thanks!

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can buy similar wingtips by Crockett and Jones from plal.com, and can achieve the distressed look by giving the shoes to a homeless guy for three months or so. Better yet, just give the guy $20 for his current shoes and pocket the $408.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could possibly find something similar by MOMA. Keep an eye on Yoox, which carries the brand. None of their current stock look quite like that F&B shoe, but you never know what'll turn up.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zappos has a wide range of N.D.C. on sale right now. I'm trying to hold myself back from copping a couple pairs. N.D.C. has a similar aesthetic to Fioretini + Baker, and is hand-made. I think I actually prefer N.D.C. - they really do a great job making a "rockstar" oxford.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you'll probably find the NDC shoes on sale worth that little bit extra that they cost on top of the price of the MOMA. I ordered a pair of MOMA from Yoox earlier in the year and I sent them back unimpressed. (But then again I did the same when I bought some Crockett & Jones.)
I'm not saying that they're bad as such, (you get what you pay for) but I always prefer to go for something on sale that was once much more expensive.

rilian

Reaction score
I quite like the N.D.C and H by Hudson suggestions. The prices for H are great!

rilian

Reaction score
Did some searching and found these H by Hudson shoes on asos.com. I'm a hesitant to order from the UK, because it'll be hassle to return them if it doesn't fit. But I'm really into these:

image1xxl.jpg

image4xxl.jpg

rilian

Reaction score
I like Allen Edmonds shoes, but those seem a tad chunky for me. :) Slim low-profile loafers are hard to find

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads