• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Affirmative: I've become a style snob

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last night it finally hit me: I've become a SF snob. I ended up taking home a woman at the end of the night, however, I found myself checking out the dudes all night. What jeans were they wearing? How does that shirt fit? Why would you wear those shoes? How does the guy wearing Ed Hardy have a hot girl with him? Are my friends really wearing that?

In fact, my friend even busted me on it. A guy walked by and I was digging his jeans and I did the whole construction worker head-turn looking at his ass as he walked by move. I dressed well, an SF approved night by most measure and it worked wonders in the end, but I realized Im officially in this too deep. In fact, a guy asked me (politely) if I was from America last night, lol. I guess the skinny jeans, peacoat and polish heritage in SoCal makes people think Im from the eastern block.

With that said, I truly hate this site. Ive done nothing but spent too much money on pointless things which no one appreciates but my e-buddies. And to make matters worse I find myself checking out the dudes more than the girls. **** you all. Happy new year.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would call it awareness instead of snobbery. Congratulations, you're now smarter and might use your brain to do more than boss computer programs around.

changed

Reaction score
actually, it just sounds like you've realized your latent homosexuality. congrats

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't ridicule. I think he makes some decent points. One of my resolutions this year is to save more money. Spending a little less time on SF will help me do that. I'm too young (24) to be spending a lot of money on clothes; I'll want to dress just as well when I'm 28 or 30 and saving some money now will help me do that. But I also want to start developing my own style. I think, on this forum, we share an approved style -- and it's one that I've adopted and am genuinely fond of. I'd like to see what I can hone on my own.

changed

Reaction score
After that chiding post, I must admit: I was watching some Appreciation last night, and instead of looking at this girl beautiful breasts, I was trying to figure out whether the guy actually had Clark Desert Boots on.

bigstar[1].gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
aren't you the guy with the "awesome" juicy jacket?

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
i almost didn't read this at first because I thought it said 'noob' instead of 'snob'.

Jacques Cousteau

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07

Give him the benefit of the doubt, he really liked how it looked on that black guy.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I can't wait to see the thread when this guy figures out he's a douchebag.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07

Guilty as charged, brah. Note, I never said it was awesome and I try not to advertise the brand. Just seemed crucial to hear ya'lls bashing.

Secondly, the post was not meant to be my new years resolution to come out of the closet (I banged a hot chick last night dammit! I get a pass). No, it was merely a testament that 6+ months of trolling this forum has seeped into my real life and an unfortunate side effect of this is the enevitable result that we check out other dudes. I look down on men who present themselves sloppily and wonder if a well dressed stranger I see in the real world is secretly on this forum and wondering the same things about me.

If your new, get out now. you will spend too much money,you will check out other guys and you might possibly turn gay.

Reaction score
you will turn gay at 2000 posts don't fight it or it will hurt just relax and enjoy the sense of fullness

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads