• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AEs for $80 at Burlington Coat Factory

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just found the Bentley in chili and black at Burlington for $79.99. I'm in Philadelphia at the moment, but they might be elsewhere. They also had some other woven pair in black. (I snagged the last 9.5D Bentley in chili, but they had several other sizes in the same color.)

Good luck guys.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wow... I've never seen anything I would buy at BCF. I guess I'll have to head up there when I get home and check it out again.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BCF sometimes gets weird **** in stock. Mostly its crap, but I have seen a few gems there. Not worth checking on a daily basis, unless you live real close to a store.

I believe they are owned by the same company as TJ Maxx/Marshalls.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
According to the press release when TJX got hacked, I don't remember seeing BCF listed as one of their companies. There is one somewhat near my place, and it's just north of a regular thrift route, so I'll start checking it when I'm extra-bored.

Shoe-nut

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
This is the first time I've found a particularly good deal at Burlington. And I only went in because I happened to be passing by and it was frigid outside.

The BCF here were I live is really dreary looking on the inside. It is almost depressing to walk into that place.

It would have to be very very cold for me to want to walk into that store. But given there might be some AE's there maybe I can force myself to give it a try.

Shoe-nut

Reaction score
Finally got BCF a week or so back and was surprised to find that the store had been spruced up not at all so gloomy as before. Didn't find any AE's but found these J&M's saddle shoes for $35.00. This is a nice shoe and after wearing all day quite comfortable. Actually more than comfortable it is perfect.

Just goes to show that you don't have to spend more than $300.00 like you can with Mephistos to get a great walking shoe.

DSCN1625.jpg

mohwld

Reaction score
Picked up a pair of Bentleys in chili just two weeks ago for $79.99 - can't beat that!

BCF is its own company, and from my experience #4 on the discount pyramid.

My rankings -

1. Nordstrom Rack
2. Marshalls
3. TJ Maxx
4. BCF
5. Ross (the absolute worst)

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mohwld
Picked up a pair of Bentleys in chili just two weeks ago for $79.99 - can't beat that!

BCF is its own company, and from my experience #4 on the discount pyramid.

My rankings -

1. Nordstrom Rack
2. Marshalls
3. TJ Maxx
4. BCF
5. Ross (the absolute worst)

I agree with your ranking! And I'll insert a few more...

1. Nordstrom Rack
2. Off Fifth (Saks)
3. Last Call (NM)
4. Marshall's
5. TJ Maxx
6. Barney's Outlet
6. BCF

The Devil's Hands

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shoe-nut
Finally got BCF a week or so back and was surprised to find that the store had been spruced up not at all so gloomy as before. Didn't find any AE's but found these J&M's saddle shoes for $35.00. This is a nice shoe and after wearing all day quite comfortable. Actually more than comfortable it is perfect.

Just goes to show that you don't have to spend more than $300.00 like you can with Mephistos to get a great walking shoe.

DSCN1625.jpg

Look at this pattern on the rug and scroll up and down real fast with your mouse wheel. You'll see what I'm talking about.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Devil's Hands
Look at this pattern on the rug and scroll up and down real fast with your mouse wheel. You'll see what I'm talking about.

Sorry, I am just too stupid or slow - do not get it.

Shoe-nut

Reaction score
I noticed that too after I posted that picture you would swear that the picture is getting bigger as you scroll.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Glad to see you found something to make your trip worthwhile, Shoe-nut. I stopped in at a Burlington several hundred miles from Philadelphia, and there were no AEs or anything else of interest.

I wish I had the same luck at Off 5th as some of the folks here do. The one nearest me always seems very picked over.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads