• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Aero J107 Brown Steerhide sz38

Status
Not open for further replies.

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For sale is a custom Aero j107 leather jacket bought from Thurston Bros this spring. I snagged this from ebay recently and it's crazy beautiful but I'm afraid I need a bigger size. I'm a slim 40 typically (5'9" and 165lbs) and this fits but wont work with anything heavier than a t-shirt. The initial owner had it made from heavy Horween Chromexcel steer hide, with several custom mods which I will list below:
  • Brass hardware, Talon zips
  • Delete belt, belt loops and shoulder epaulets
  • Delete kidney panel and front coin pocket
  • Heavy black corduroy lining
  • Small shoulder gussets instead of bi swing back
  • 2 interior pockets, 1 vertical snap closed and 1 horizontal
  • Leather pull tabs, Olive drab green contrast stitching
  • Extra length added to back and arms
  • Sleeve zips on top of sleeves, not underneath.

Measurements are as follows(approx)
Pit to pit: 21"
Sleeve from shoulder to cuff: 25"
Back from collar to hem: 25"
Shoulder: 18.5"

This jacket has been worn for ~3 months and has the wear and tear you'd expect - nothing major and it's just starting to break in. Just trying to move this quick (for less than I paid) to free up funds for a proper size.

SOLD!

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some good quality pics from when the jacket was brand new. These do a great job of showing the beautiful depth of color in the leather.

Last edited:

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some current pics. They give a good sense for the current condition. As you can see, it's in very good condition- as you'd expect from a piece that was built to last a lifetime and has only had a few months of wear.

Last edited:

boggly

Reaction score
Damn, that is one sweet jacket. Someone's going to be really happy with that thing.

Last edited:

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, that is one sweet jacket.Someone's going to be really happy with that thing.
It's beautiful. A fantastic piece that's just a little too small for me. If I thought it would stretch I would keep it but it's quite thick - as you'd expect. I'd bets there is 6-7lbs of steerhide in this jacket. It feels bulletproof.

It's probably worth noting that these are $1200 new so this one is nearly half off

Last edited:

boggly

Reaction score
I'm pretty tempted myself, to be honest, as this size would most likely work for me (5'10'' 150lbs, 38" chest) but sadly I've got my cash tied up in a different leather jacket endeavor right now.

Best of luck with the sale - what a great piece.

Last edited:

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm pretty tempted myself, to be honest, as this size would most likely work for me (5'10'' 150lbs, 38" chest) but sadly I've got my cash tied up in a different leather jacket endeavor right now.

Best of luck with the sale - what a great piece.
It would almost certainly fit... damn near perfect probably. Thanks though, and good luck to you with your other purchase too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 58 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 111 33.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 101 30.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.8%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 3.9%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.1%