• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

AE Walnut 5th Ave Suggestions

classicusa

Reaction score
Like the slightly-less-formal than Park Ave look. Like this color, particularly on a more casual slip-on like the Westhchester. Shoe looks great in this color, but I am wondering what I would wear it with. Can't ever see wearing them with a dark suit. Can't see wearing them with jeans or cords, either. Maybe with heavy wool, light colored glen plaid pants in winter...that's about it.

How do these shoes in this color work for any of you?

elbastardocalvo

Reaction score
I'm wearing my walnut player's shoe with a grey suit today. Love the combination.

sns23

Reaction score
grey or navy suit, grey slacks, and jeans.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walnut will generally go with lighter colors whether jeans, chinos, cords, or slacks. Grey, taupe, stone, khaki, etc. Navy would be too dark for my tastes.

ESmooth

Reaction score
I work in a casual office setting and regularly wear my Walnut 5th aves with dark denim or tan cords/chinos with a button down.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.