1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

AE Verona vs. Cole Haan Air Aiden

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by blake11, Aug 9, 2012.

1. AlexE

AlexE Senior member

2. Layered Player

Layered Player Senior member

Cole Haan's world HQ is near here and they used to make some pretty nice footwear.

Not so much since Nike took over; it feels like they've decided to turn their backs on higher end stuff and focus on crap for Gen Y/Z.

3. blake11

blake11 Active Member

Yea. I've bought 2 pairs of their howland penny driving shoe loafers. Both pairs have had the front toe bust open within 6 months. Was hoping these are a little more sturdy. I'm sure the AE's are nice (I have their stand oxfords that I love), but $325 seems steep for a pair of loafers.

4. f800gs

f800gs Senior member

I picked up the Verona from AE on sale for 199.00 in Jan.

Great shoe really nice leather and construction.

Would I pay $325? Sure.

5. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Cheap leather shoe made overseas v. Quality construction made in US. Your choice.

6. f800gs

f800gs Senior member

I think the Verona is made in Italy.

7. blake11

blake11 Active Member

Yea, the verona is made in Italy. Paying $325 for the oxfords makes sense but for a loafer, seems a bit pricey. Trying them on this afternoon and make a decision.

8. Owen Meany

Owen Meany Senior member

I will offer that I had purchased (3) pair of Cole Hann's before I joined SF(post Nike) to add to my collection of (8) Allen Edmunds. Of course, I now own many more pair of SF "approved" shoes. With that in mind, the CH's have held up every bit as well, if not better, then most of the shoes I have. I am very impressed with their quality for an inexpensive shoe.

However, I have not purchased any CH's since and give all the option out there for just a bit more money, I don't think I would.

Just my .02 cents.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012