• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AE Tresana

shoesies

Reaction score
Wow - I just receive my AE Tresana's and they are fantastic! Absolutely gorgeous, fit perfectly true to size compared to my other pairs! I gave them a one over with dark brown and black polish, I think they turned out perfectly!

Can't wait to wear them tomorrow!
worship.gif

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif

share the love for those of not fortunate enough to have a pair
smile.gif

shoesies

Reaction score
pix
smile.gif

okay - so I have a question ... I went to a shoe shiner the other day and my shoes came out looking like patent leather - now I watched the shiner do what he does but for some reason I can't get the same shine on my own shoes? what's the secret? I dab my cloth in water but it doesnt help get them really shiny. I want to focus on the smooth sections of the leather for this shoe, get the wingtip and side sections really bright and the rest a little anqtiqued

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Congrats. I love my Tresanas, too.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoesies
pix
smile.gif

okay - so I have a question ... I went to a shoe shiner the other day and my shoes came out looking like patent leather - now I watched the shiner do what he does but for some reason I can't get the same shine on my own shoes? what's the secret? I dab my cloth in water but it doesnt help get them really shiny. I want to focus on the smooth sections of the leather for this shoe, get the wingtip and side sections really bright and the rest a little anqtiqued

1) multiple layers of very thin applications of polish

2) allow polish to haze over before buffing

3) don't buff like the shoe stole your woman and killed your dog. A light circular motion with 1 or two fingers is enough

4) don't soak the rag. Damp is what you want 1-2 drops on the shoe - very light as you're buffing

5) once you've layered and lightly buffed multiple times - go over it super light with a silk tie or pair of panty hose. same motion but different fabric.

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. They seem rather elongated, more like something you would expect from France. Are they currently in the AE line?

shoesies

Reaction score
What a fantastic shoe!

I'll try polishing them again later, lightly and layered.

My pair is cabernet brown, it's quite interesting with the rustic look edging the brogue details.

They are on AE's current line, "Seven". Hand made in Italy instead of the USA.

Eagle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoesies
pix
smile.gif

Try misting them from a spray bottle and buff them immediatly thereafter. Your shoes will look like a mirror!
wink.gif

shoesies

Reaction score
So does this get a mirror-like shine:

- brush shoes clean
- apply polish evenly over the entire shoe
- brush shoes to remove excess polish
- mist shoe with water and rub off with a cloth (old tshirt?)

???

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orsini
Interesting. They seem rather elongated, more like something you would expect from France. Are they currently in the AE line?

Yes, but made in Italy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads