1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

AE Strands in black for job interviews

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Buddha25, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Buddha25

Buddha25 Well-Known Member

Question, does anyone feel that one can wear strands to a job interview? If they are in black that is to say? Thanks!

2. msulinski

msulinski Well-Known Member

They are fine. In walnut, it would depend on the industry and formality of the field and the company.

3. Buddha25

Buddha25 Well-Known Member

Well I'm a bit risk averse on going walnut for interview. I would keep it simple and go with black. Though I think walnut is AE's best color!

4. bostongeorge1

bostongeorge1 Member

I think it really depends on the industry, city, and corporate culture. It's probably not the best choice for a banking or white-shoe law interview in the Northeast for instance but that's an extreme.

The way I view interviews is that at some point the person I'm meeting with has probably given, received, or otherwise become aware of the advice every jobseeker gets (solid navy or charcoal suit, white or light blue shirt, simple patterned tie in primary colors, black cap-toes). Even if they don't feel strongly about it, I'd always like to show that I'm taking the process seriously enough to go through the motions and as such dress the part.