1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

AE Strands $265 Good Deal?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dieselman89, Feb 4, 2011.

Tags:
  1. zerostyle

zerostyle Senior member

Not really a sale price.

$200 seems to be the most common sale price you can get them for.

I managed to pick up a pair for $130 a while back when they were $200 on sale + 35% off with bing cashback, but that program has been discontinued.

2. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

+1. I have six pairs of AEs, all are seconds. Still can't figure out what the blemish is on any of them. They are very helpful at Port Washington. Give them a call.
    Whats the number you used?
    Ordering mine from Wisconsin seconds, 234 to my door was the price. Not great, but in my right size and the man I spoke to said he had a few to choose from and would get me a good pair.
    Were there issues with your pair? I mean for $234 you want them to be great!
    Do you just call somebody to find about seconds, or is there a website or email?

I emailed someone.

3. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

Allen Edmonds Shoe Bank Outlet
    At The Factory
    201 East Seven Hills Road
    Port Washington, Wisconsin 53074
    USA

Phone: 262-284-7158

4. DStew

DStew Well-Known Member

....are items with minor blemishes, not refurbs...I've been very satisfied with my seconds'....

contact AE shoebank @ Retail Brookfield <brookfield@allenedmonds.com ....send them your size and they will provide you a list of seconds and discontinued items...just search for the style to see how it look.

I think Strands in Walnut sells for $250 but if u wait until Feb 10, additional 20% off

Why 20% on feb 10th? Is that just an upcoming sale?

5. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

don't these retail for $285?

6. dieselman89

don't these retail for $285?

The AE website says their regular price is $295. Nordstrom also sells them at $295. They are 10% off. However, if Nordstroms agrees to pricematch (and apparently they do a 110%) they would be $238.50 before tax.

Nordstroms Price Match Policy:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/pricing-policy

Doesn't say anything about 100% online but imhoff says they do.

7. Fred H.

Fred H. Senior member

I still haven't been able to get mine broken in correctly. Too tight across the vamp. (Had them stretched, even.) Would highly recommend trying these on in a/the store.

8. dieselman89

I still haven't been able to get mine broken in correctly. Too tight across the vamp. (Had them stretched, even.) Would highly recommend trying these on in a/the store.

I've tried these on and they fit fine for me. Whats your thought on the durability of leather? How long will they last if I wear the shoes once a week on my feet 6-8 hours. Also, I will have a shoe tree for them.

9. Fred H.

Fred H. Senior member

I like the look a lot. Seem to me to be durable. I've been having my cobbler add &quot;zips&quot; (thin rubber half-sole protectors) to my shoes for years. The zips wear about as fast as the heels and replacing both runs me about $45. BUT, I never have to have the shoes resoled/recrafted. My assessment is that AEs well maintained and rotated regularly will last 10+ years.

10. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

The AE website says their regular price is $295. Nordstrom also sells them at $295. They are 10% off. However, if Nordstroms agrees to pricematch (and apparently they do a 110%) they would be $238.50 before tax.

Nordstroms Price Match Policy:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/pricing-policy

Doesn't say anything about 100% online but imhoff says they do.

Awesome that they do 110%. When I was in store, I asked the SA if he would price match Allen Edmonds online sale and he said he could. Of course I tried the model on and didn't like it, but the fact that they said the would leads me to believe they will probably price match the likes of Zappos or Endless websites.

Nordstroms idea is that they much rather you buy from them at that price than elsewhere.

11. dieselman89

E wants $234.00 for the seconds of Strands in Walnut size 11 prior to shipping and tax.

12. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

Why 20% on feb 10th? Is that just an upcoming sale?

per SA Adam, yes upcoming sale...

AE wants $234.00 for the seconds of Strands in Walnut size 11 prior to shipping and tax.

if you can't wait, then take the plunge...or wait in B&S or e-bay for any used or NIB sale with your size...my size of 7 or 6.5 D (dpends on last) is hard to come by...If I see something I'm comfortable with price wise (and ROI), then I buy...if it looks good on you and ptoper fit, then buy it [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

Allen Edmonds Shoe Bank Outlet
    At The Factory
    201 East Seven Hills Road
    Port Washington, Wisconsin 53074
    USA

Phone: 262-284-7158

adding the Brookfield location...

18900 W Bluemound Rd, Brookfield, WI - (262) 785-6666

14. DStew

DStew Well-Known Member

AE wants $234.00 for the seconds of Strands in Walnut size 11 prior to shipping and tax.
    per SA Adam, yes upcoming sale... [​IMG]
    Im trying to buy the exact same thing (walnut strand in 10E). Looks like you are best off right now just waiting till the next sale - potentially feb 10th? I have no problem paying for them new at 20% off 295 = 236$. If you pick them up somewhere cheaper than that let me know if you get a chance diesel.

15. dieselman89

Im trying to buy the exact same thing (walnut strand in 10E). Looks like you are best off right now just waiting till the next sale - potentially feb 10th?

I have no problem paying for them new at 20% off 295 = 236$.

If you pick them up somewhere cheaper than that let me know if you get a chance diesel.

I just called Nordstrom's pricematch 1 (888) 282-6060, and had them match from Benniesshoes.com and they agreed HOWEVER, they did 100% pricematch and would not do 110% pricematch. The SA said it would take 8-12 business days for them to arrive AKA 2.5-3 weeks, which is not worth it because I can just go to Bennies and get them. I am going to speak to my guy at Nordstroms and see what he can do. If not I will probably wait until Feb 10th for the speculated sale.

16. steinwaytony

steinwaytony Well-Known Member

These folks have a few sizes for $232 + shipping. Go through bigcrumbs.com or mrrebates.com to get your shipping back. No indications that they're factory seconds, and you only get stock photos, but seller's numbers are legit.

17. dieselman89

These folks have a few sizes for $232 + shipping. Go through bigcrumbs.com or mrrebates.com to get your shipping back. No indications that they're factory seconds, and you only get stock photos, but seller's numbers are legit.

Thanks. I think I will wait until Feb. 10th and possibly buy them from AE directly and see how much the shoes are going for. And if they are lower than the $265-$10 coupon, I can bargain w/my local guy to price match AE website if thats the case.

18. dieselman89

Was just informed that if I wait until Feb. 10th and purchase seconds they will be $187.20, not sure if that included tax and shipping. Keep y'all updated.

p.s. the sale appears to be for 20%

19. DStew

DStew Well-Known Member

Was just informed that if I wait until Feb. 10th and purchase seconds they will be $187.20, not sure if that included tax and shipping. Keep y'all updated.

p.s. the sale appears to be for 20%

Hmmm. So 187 for seconds or 236 for New? Not sure which way to go.

I have an AE store pretty close to my office so it is nice to just stop in and make sure I get the size right and just order from them. But ~50$ is a large difference and Im not the kind of person that will probably notice any small defects on a pair of seconds.

20. meister

meister Senior member

Up until recently walnut Strands in 11 weere easily available on eBay for like USD200. Suddenly there are none and the place is awash with Conistons...[​IMG]