1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

AE Strand v Loake Knightsbridge

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by poissa, Nov 18, 2010.

1. poissa

poissa Senior member

I destroyed my last pair of strands and am considering replacing AE Strands with Loake Knightsbridge. This is for biz casual / weekend wear. Just wondering first and foremost what I should choose for quality and secondly what peoples opinions are of the two.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. ckadds

ckadds Member

Go with the Strand, they'll look better with casual weekend wear

3. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Personally, I like the styling of the Strand much better. I just got my first pair in Walnut, just like the ones pictured, love them already!

4. joz411no

joz411no Senior member

It's difficult for me to vote against the Strand as it is one of my favorite pair. The color is outstanding. I'm nowhere near as familiar with Loake quality as I am with AE. The Loakes look pretty sweet, though. I suppose it would be left up to fit and whether or not you'd want a cap toe or not.

5. JamesX

JamesX Senior member

I am not a fan of baroqued shoes, but I would agree that Strand is the better looking pair.

6. alexspecs

alexspecs Member

Loake Strand!

[​IMG]

(in burnished brown not ...whatever that colour is)

7. acecow

acecow Senior member

Get these Grensons. They look much sleeker in real life. I have these and the AE PAs which are on the same last as the Strand. [​IMG] Otherwise, go for the Strand.

8. poissa

poissa Senior member

Get these Grensons. They look much sleeker in real life. I have these and the AE PAs which are on the same last as the Strand.

[​IMG]

Otherwise, go for the Strand.

Which model Grensons are these? How do they compare to AE in terms of quality?

9. acecow

acecow Senior member

Which model Grensons are these? How do they compare to AE in terms of quality?

These: http://www.pediwear.co.uk/grenson/products/1477.php

The quality is much-much better. The stitching is cleaner and finer than AE, the finish is better and the color and shine is deeper and more beautiful. The price is slightly higher, though. I'd definitely recommend the Grensons over the original two.

10. RangerP

RangerP Senior member

11. acecow

acecow Senior member

Are these (http://cgi.ebay.ca/Grenson-Mens-Smar...b#ht_500wt_995) of the same quality as the ones you mention?

I have little time to do research right now as I'm stuck at work. Quick response though. If you look at the Grenson website, they have different collections, Rose being the best quality. If the shoes you mention are from the Rose or Masterpiece (renamed to Stuart's choice now) collections then they are of the same quality. You could probably ask the seller too.