AE question

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jasonmarshalljazz, Dec 2, 2009.

1. jasonmarshalljazz

jasonmarshalljazz Senior member

I'm trying to become a believer in American-made shoes again and so I've decided to try Allen Edmonds. I tried the Strands at an AE store here in NYC and loved them but I just wanted to try to find a way around spending 300 bucks on my first try so thanks to you guys here I've since become aware of the Shoe Bank and just today ordered a pair of Moras in Brown Suede. I am pretty excited. One question How do the lasts of the Strand and the Moras differ?

2. nohomo

nohomo Senior member

shoebuy.com or endless is the cheapest way to get AEs from my experience. Definitely cheaper than shoe bank for recent models.

3. Grayland

Grayland Senior member

I'm trying to become a believer in American-made shoes again and so I've decided to try Allen Edmonds. I tried the Strands at an AE store here in NYC and loved them but I just wanted to try to find a way around spending 300 bucks on my first try so thanks to you guys here I've since become aware of the Shoe Bank and just today ordered a pair of Moras in Brown Suede. I am pretty excited. One question How do the lasts of the Strand and the Moras differ?

Wow, I'm suprised you can still get those. Great shoe. I found the Mora last to be a bit big in the heel area. I still like the shoe, but it is a bit looser in the heel than I'd prefer.

4. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

I am another one who finds the #8 last used for the Mora to be too loose in the heel area for my feet. I think this is a fairly common problem. I have the same problem with the #2 last.

The Strand is on A-E's #5 last, which is their longest and narrowest. It is a good fit on my feet in my normal size, but not everyone finds this to be the case.

5. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Affiliate Vendor

AllenEdmonds.com has 10% off everything today only. There are some nice deals when combined with their holiday specials.