• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AE Kingswood = Park Ave?

brandall10

Reaction score
Just picked these up from Nordstrom Rack, at first I thought they were Park Avenues. Aside from the perforations in the sole I can't see what differentiates them... anyone know? I did a web search and came up empty handed - maybe a special run?
331hvsk.jpg
2liy5ua.jpg
s31u9j.jpg

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They don't say Allen Edmonds on the sole.
tongue.gif
Maybe a custom sole order that they messed up?

awxg

Reaction score
I've seen AE Kingswood pictures showing as wingtips. Maybe the insole was a mistake.

phillyesq

Reaction score
I've read a thread about this before. Maybe at AAAC. I believe the outcome is that the sole is the only difference.

PeterEliot

Reaction score
But wait a sec... I see that the price tag reads $169.99. You mean I can get shoes for that price at Nordstrom that are more or less indistinguishable from Park Avenue??

Someone please enlighten me. I've been meaning to get a couple of pairs of PA--black and dark brown.

Poshak Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PeterEliot
But wait a sec... I see that the price tag reads $169.99. You mean I can get shoes for that price at Nordstrom that are more or less indistinguishable from Park Avenue??

Someone please enlighten me. I've been meaning to get a couple of pairs of PA--black and dark brown.

That is the Nordstrom Rack pricing.

PeterEliot

Reaction score
Oh... do they have a sale going on or something? Anyway, I'm off to check it out.

PeterEliot

Reaction score
...So the "Rack" is like an outlet branch of Nordstrom? No online service, darn!

brandall10

Reaction score
Thanks Guys.

So I called AE this morning. This was a special run just for Nordstrom from earlier this year. The cushioned insole, perf outsole, and leather are different (not corrected grain - just specially selected for softness). Essentially it sounds like a more utilitarian PA... better comfort + extra traction on outsole.

PeterEliot,

Yeah, they are an outlet - the shoes are lined on racks open box, the selection is spotty. This was the only pair they had in an 8.5 or 8, and fortunately it's in great condition. The original retail price is listed at $295.

Clelow

Reaction score
I bought a pair of the Kingswood from Nordstrom Rack. Unfortunately, I think AE is whoring their brand for the sake of profit. The Kingswoods are no where near the quality of AE shoes I have owned in the past including several pairs of Park Avenues. I have owned the Kingswoods for a month now and am still tying to break them in so they do not hurt my feet. With other AE shoes that I bought at retail stores, the leather was so soft that they did not need any break in. I could buy them and wear them all day without any problems. The Kingswoods are clearly inferior. The fact that AE is willing to attach its brand to these shoes and deceive the consumer is a travesty. Of course, in the long run the AE brand will stand for less than superior quality should they continue to perpetuate this ruse on the consuming public. Some lessons are never learned!

Mild Mannered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Clelow
I bought a pair of the Kingswood from Nordstrom Rack. Unfortunately, I think AE is whoring their brand for the sake of profit. The Kingswoods are no where near the quality of AE shoes I have owned in the past including several pairs of Park Avenues. I have owned the Kingswoods for a month now and am still tying to break them in so they do not hurt my feet. With other AE shoes that I bought at retail stores, the leather was so soft that they did not need any break in. I could buy them and wear them all day without any problems. The Kingswoods are clearly inferior. The fact that AE is willing to attach its brand to these shoes and deceive the consumer is a travesty. Of course, in the long run the AE brand will stand for less than superior quality should they continue to perpetuate this ruse on the consuming public. Some lessons are never learned!

dozingoff.gif
Zzz

Clelow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mild Mannered
dozingoff.gif
Zzz

Is that all you are able to add to the discussion? Sorry, I do not get it. Has this been said before?

cicero79

Reaction score
Just to clarify. Having seen this at the rack before. Is it suggested to better purchase the Park Avenue straight from the store or a vendor like Zappos for the better qualit AE? Or is there another shoe along this quality for a better price?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads